lol new guy did it - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 09, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
jack

lol new guy did it

hi everyone,

my first post here and i place it in wrong topic , so i moved it here.....

Hey everyone, I am a new guy to this forum, but a long time camaro enthusiast. I am now working on my 7th camaro(all 67's)

I have done many things to them over the years but i am doing some different things to this one. I have run into a snag on an install of a set of E code headlights. I have used a conversion harness which uses the original headlight connecter to give my relays the coil signal. It is pretty basic for a non rs car, but what i got is headlights come on with switch, headlight doors open. but with switch off headlights stay on and doors dont close. If i turn off key headlights will go off but doors stay open.

So is there a fix or do i simply build a new harness with better gauge wire for the headlights to hold the increased amperage ?

thank you , jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 09, 11:58 PM
Senior Tech
Jan

Re: lol new guy did it

Hey rufnek,

Hey everyone, I am a new guy to this forum, but a long time camaro enthusiast. I am now working on my 7th camaro(all 67's)

What a guy....Gotta love him

Vent windows forever

67 Swedish Convertible

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 09, 03:52 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

Re: lol new guy did it

Welcome to team camaro!!..sounds like an open ground, or something isnt wired right,but somebody will chime in thats been there before!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode