dark dash/turn signals - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 09, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

dark dash/turn signals

Well,this one has me stumped!Maybe someone has had this happen to them on they're 69 camaro
A few weeks back my turn signals stopped working,but the four way flashers work.I tested the turn signal flasher and it is working properly.
A day or two later my dash lites all go dark.I figure it has to be the lite switch right?Nope,i replace the switch and still the dash is dark.
All the headlights and running lites are working just fine.
Any ideas??

DRBRICK
69 SS350 4spd.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

69 RS350 (project)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

68 Cuda(finally done)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 09, 10:57 AM
Senior Tech

Re: dark dash/turn signals

Check your grounds. take a wire and ground the cluster, see if that works.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 09, 09:27 PM
Senior Tech

also check the small glass fuse in the fuse block to see if it is blown. I had the light on the hvac controls come loose (with no bulb) and it arc'd and blew the fuse. taped the end, replaced the fuse and the lights came back.

but, originally my cluster wasn't grounded at all so make sure yours is on there and not loose/missing!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 09, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

Thanks guys-i will try those ideas out and see what happens.

DRBRICK
69 SS350 4spd.

69 RS350 (project)

68 Cuda(finally done)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 09, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

Well it wasnt a ground problem after all.I started poking around the fuse block and found that some of the fuse holder contacts were corroded!Even though my test lite was showing power on both sides of the fuses,i was not getting contact on one side of the holder.Also, on the back side of the fuse block some of the spade connectors were corroded and not making good contact.Alittle bit of sand paper to clean all contacts,and im back in buisness...One thing that does bother me though-the headlight switch will not dim the dash lites.I try to dim them and they just go off.I can live with that.
Thanks for all the help.

DRBRICK
69 SS350 4spd.

69 RS350 (project)

68 Cuda(finally done)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 09, 12:40 PM
Guess

New switch.
I used electrical contact lube (dielectric grease) on all my sockets and the fuse block. The fuse block still had a lot of the factory molasses goop in it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode