69 Camaro Electrical...Need Some Help with Restoration - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 09, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Dan

69 Camaro Electrical...Need Some Help with Restoration

I am in the process of having my 69 camaro restored/re-built. My car was purchased with absolutely no electrical system.

The set up i have is a standard headlight, 427 BB, 4 speed muncie (no console), cowl induction, no air conditioning, Holley 850CFM, no power steering,and warning lights.

Does anyone know what would be the best option? I have checked yearone, classic industries etc. But I am unsure what to get? Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 09, 04:47 PM
Senior Tech
David

Re: 69 Camaro Electrical...Need Some Help with Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey458 View Post
I am in the process of having my 69 camaro restored/re-built. My car was purchased with absolutely no electrical system.

The set up i have is a standard headlight, 427 BB, 4 speed muncie (no console), cowl induction, no air conditioning, Holley 850CFM, no power steering,and warning lights.

Does anyone know what would be the best option? I have checked yearone, classic industries etc. But I am unsure what to get? Any help would be appreciated.
I reccomend American AutoWire's "Factory Fit" wiring harnesses. I rewired my '69 with the "Factory Fit" harnesses and would purchase them again if the need arises.

www.americanautowire.com

David F.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 09, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome to the Club, Dan. Most here have chosen AAW and reading their posts, they have had good luck.

You may want to select options like:
HEI power wire,
Internal regulated alternator, or keep the external regulated set-up and add an electronic regulator, Wells P/N VR715.
Trunk light, for a future install of stereo/speaker amp, just as a Power-On signal.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 09, 05:01 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

I got my complete wiring kit from M & H Wiring but I understand the American Autowire wiring harnesses are good too. http://www.wiringharness.com/ Make sure you buy the dash wiring for a non-console car. Do you have an in-dash tachometer and fuel gage in the center?

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:

Member # 159
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 09, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by X33D80 View Post
I got my complete wiring kit from M & H Wiring but I understand the American Autowire wiring harnesses are good too. http://www.wiringharness.com/ Make sure you buy the dash wiring for a non-console car. Do you have an in-dash tachometer and fuel gage in the center?

Im turning the car into a Yenko Tribute. It is going to have a standard fuel gauge, 140 speedo. Im getting the retro Stewart Warner tac on the steering column and other green line gauges mounted below the dash.....
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 09, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Dan

Thanks for all the quick responses....This forum is going to be very helpful
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 09, 10:25 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Dan:
Another recommend for American AutoWire.

I've redone most of the wiring harnesses in my '68 and they all went in perfectly. In fact, I wanted a customization on one of the harnesses (right internal regulator alternator instead of left external regulator) and they did it for a few extra dollars. Great company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode