looking for a wire harness for my '84 - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 09, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

looking for a wire harness for my '84

Hey everyone
I'm trying to find a link online to order a complete wiring harness for my entire car.. It a project car.. its a 1984 camaro berlinetta it has the v6 2.8l.. but that wont be in the for long i plan to put a 383ci stroker with a th350 and new rear end and new suspension probably steering...
The guy i bought the car from did work to the car.. he only made matters worse.. but for $750 for a running project that i could drive home i think is a great deal!! Right now the wiring is like a spaghetti factory it's horrible!! and i think if im going trough all this work i should re wire everything from front head lights to rear light and everything in between.. I want an msd ignition! where can i go to find a good easy to install kit for my ride ??? iv been on some site with everything except for my car!! go figure.. maybe some one out there know where i can get what im looking for i want it brand new and if possible better then factory!! post me links or suggest a store only if you know!! that they sell complete wiring harnesses please. Thank you every one for your help in advance!! Please don't reply if your not 100% sure!! thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 10, 09:31 AM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Re: looking for a wire harness for my....

(562) 926-9552 ... I think the name of the company is M & M ... Regardless ... These people make stock wiring harnesses for your/the car ... If you have special requests, they may do that too (you will have to ask their sales rep, whom you will speak to direct) ... Anyways here is my story ... I have a 1969 Camaro SS ... Just about EVERYTHING on the car has been tampered with and one of the problems I have been solving is the electrical wiring situation ... The harnesses are broken down to plug in components such as the engine compartment, the rear tail section, power windows harness, A/C, console, etc. etc. ... Nothing is free nor cheap (ughh) ... I crawled under the dash board and just stared for hours trying to make sense of what I saw (a tangled mess) ... I removed old speaker wiring just to start with ... EVERYTHING has/ had been hacked into ... So in a slow process of replacing a bit at a time I have (Almost) resolved many electrical issues (I still have a few more to tackle) ... Regardless ... What I have learned is this ... "STICK WITH THE SAME COMPANY" ... My purchases have been from different companies (Classic Industries, Jim Dyer), these companies do not make the wiring, they only resell it ... Which is the small problem I have, the plug-ins (connectors) do not match perfectly from one company to the next ... SO, use one company, stick with that company, and if there are any problems, you have someone to be accountable for their product ... That is the best piece of advice I can offer ... Replace your harnesses as you can identify the worst ones and as you can afford them ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode