Team Camaro Tech banner

93 w/3.4 v6

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SPARKY69 
#1 ·
I was looking around and seen a lot of the older cars but I have posted in another Camaro forum without any luck on getting some sort of help.

My husband and I bought this car thinking it was just a intake manifold gasket leak and once we got it home we found out it was a bit more. Took the fuel plenum off and come to find out it was an injector spraying. Replaced the injector and figured since we had the other gaskets that we were forced to buy in a kit we'd do things right and go ahead and swap the intake fuel plenum , manifold , and valve cover gaskets while we had it apart.

Well , ended up my brother started tearing down the engine further then the plenum before I had a chance to take pictures of wiring and number them. So now I'm in a bind and about to just give up on this car. I don't know how to read the wiring schematics stuff without actual pictures and
I've got connectors on the end of some wiring that I have no clue where they go and I am unsure of where the grounds were connected at.

There is the big connector ontop of the fuel plenum with 3 grounds. But there is also a smaller connector that I am sure went under the plenum toward the front for a temp. sensor but I am having issues getting it in there without having to break the gasket seal for the plenum. Is there a way of getting around this to get it plugged in ? But there is also another connector toward the front by the fuse box that has the purple rubber cushion stuff that I'm lose as to where that went.

My husband talked to a gentleman earlier today and after the guy had seen pictures of the plenum off , he was kind of baffled at how we got it out without pulling the motor... :eek:

I do have pictures of some of the wiring that I need help with but after going out there today , I think I better take some more pictures when I've got a little more light to show some of the others that I missed when I originally took the pictures yesterday...

So , all in all , I guess you can say I am asking for something that can help me figure this out that is easy for a girl who has no clue about this.. Guess you can say "Wiring for a Dummy" type of thing...

I appreciated anything and everything y'all can offer to help me with... Thanks a bunch!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the Club, Suzanne.

I would suggest buying a Haynes manual for the car/model if you haven't already. Most any parts store will have them. It does have some pictures inside and the schematics in the back have wire colors to at least identify them.

Another suggestion would be to compare car-for-car, another one with the same engine and take pictures, draw it out, whatever you need to do to make it.

The sensor under the plenum might be the knock sensor, maybe.

Pictures would be great. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.