AAW Atta-boy - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 19th, 10, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

AAW Atta-boy

I bought a new OEM engine wiring harness and front light wiring harness a while back, and just got around to putting them on the car - '69 RS/Z. I haven't gotten the motor back in to test them out, but I must say, they fit perfectly. All the little mounting tabs were dead-on, and all the connections fit like a glove. It's a relief to have a repo part fit that well right out of the box!

2-69 Camaros
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 19th, 10, 06:29 PM
Senior Tech
Frank

Re: AAW Atta-boy

Congratulations on buying the best. I have been dealing with Mike and Frank, owners of AAW since they started in their garage over 20 years ago. I have used them in our award winning concourse restorations and high end Pro Touring cars and never lose a point for wiring. One of the very best products we sell. These guys have the original blueprints form GM and do not scrip one penny on making them perfect.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 19th, 10, 07:20 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rod

for the few dollars more you pay on any Factory Fit (AAW) wiring kits its all worth the peace of mind

Rodney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 10, 07:14 PM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Very happy with mine also. Went with the factory fit but switched to console gauges, with clock and tac in the instrument panel.
I was told that I need a "filter" for the tac because I am running an HEI. ign....anyone have info on that??
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 10, 07:33 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

It is going to depend on what tac and HEI you are running
I have an Autometer Phantom II tach, with MSD ignition...no problem
If you have a stock HEI distributor a filter will probably be needed. There is alot of info on the site if you search tach filter

Rick
68 project...reassembly starting: (383, AFR 195, Air Gap, Comp Cam XR276HR, 1.6 CC Gold rollers, Holley 750, 4/09) (TKO 600 conversion from T350 4/09) (floor pan restored 6/09). (12 bolt 3.73, Wilwood disc, Hotchkis TVS 7/09), Dougs 368 with Big Dog mufflers (9/09), 383 fired up 9/30/09, Candy Apple Red 2012 with white RallyBee stripe
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 10, 07:38 PM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Thanks -- "tac filter" ...searching...
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 10, 08:18 AM
Richard

When I bought my 67 it was all running off of one 20 amp tube fuse!! Needless to say I didn't get far for very long. After fighting with that fuse on the side of the road more times than I could count I started looking for something to fix the problem with. I found the AAW full rewire kit. It was only about $500.00 and the directions were crystal clear. I rewired my entire car in my driveway over the winter just working on it a couple hours here and there. Everything fit like a glove and the only thing I had questions about which was the RS headlights they walked me through over the phone. I havent had a single problem since the install two years ago. I tell everybody to get AAW they are the best!! Also that kit comes with every wire stamped a couple of inches to ID and new ignition and headlight switch.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 10, 02:29 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Fred

Anybody got a link????

One owner 69 Camaro,(yep, bought it new
)
RS SS Hugger Orange, L88, 4:10's tru-tack posi, ducted hood, Endura, spoilers.
TH400 (CX) with Coan 8" converter, GV-OD, 8 track still on console and best et 10.495,
128.79mph 1.428 60'
All with 1960's stuff. (except tires and converter)
+ MT Super Scavenger headers & 3" full exhaust with X pipe. 3700 lbs. with me in it.
1000cfm AED and HD Harold-Lunati SR, 725 lift with shaft rockers too.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 10, 03:04 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

I agree, I've used their stuff and it is good.

You can get AAW here: http://www.gpsuperstore.com/

Their site: http://www.americanautowire.com/

Scott from NJ. Stay thirsty, my friends

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

TC Member #13
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 10, 02:14 PM
Tech Team
Paul

just purchased this last week and cant wait to get started.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 10, 02:22 PM
Tech Team
Jerry

I just finished rewiring my whole car AAW has always been fast and helpful answering my questions.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 10, 08:24 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bill

I'm doing my 69 right now and am very happy with how it is going. I got the AAW classic update from Frank at Prodigy. I have had to make a few phone calls just to make sure I was doing it right and their tech. dept.has been very helpful. Would recommend them to anyone looking to upgrade their electrical system.

ucdog aka Bill
1969 Camaro Z28 "recreation",350 sb,tko 600, 12 bolt/410, 4 wheel Wilwood disc brakes, and 17" Tourqe Thrust rims.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode