69 Camaro front valance lights - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 10, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jerry

69 Camaro front valance lights

He guys can someone help me out. When the body shop returned the car from paint, I needed to run the wiring for the lower valance lights (amber) Does anyone have a photo of the correct routing? Also does anyone know where to purchase the wiring clips that hold the wiring in place? and where they mount....I did not remove them and it has been 2 years in the making....any help would be great.....Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 10, 04:43 AM
Kevin

Re: 69 Camaro front valance lights

Camaro guy (name?), the clips mount to the underside of the large bumper supports and can be bought from the catalogs (they recently have been reproed). There should be a rubber plug that goes into a hole in the inner fenders near the ends of the rad support.
So, just insert the rubber plug, then plug into wiring harness females and then clip the wire into the clips from the bottom of the support. The light housing needs the ground to function, so make sure you have good grounds through the sheetmetal to the housing (use ohm meter)

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 10, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jerry

Kevin,

Thanks for the information. Do you know who sells them? I cannot seem to locate them.

Thanks,

Jerry

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 10, 05:27 AM
Kevin

Jerry, here they are, aint cheap http://www.rickscamaros.com/product....&dept%5Fid=999

Camaro Parking Light Harness Retainers, 1969

Reproduction Of Original
Technically Correct
Commonly Broke, Rusted Or Missing
Made In USA

Item# PK-80

$32.99 pr.

Kevin

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 10, 08:21 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
"Tri-Tip"

Some one else has to sell them too. I need a pair.

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." ..... George Washington

Gary,TC Member with a Lemans Blue/Ivory 02D X33, DZ, M20, MS, flat hood. Only the BU code rear end is original.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 10, 09:22 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

That price is redicilous. But if they are the only ones that have them you will pay that.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 10, 10:55 AM
Eke
Senior Tech
James Brown

I saw some on ebay that were much more reasonable but can't remember who had them. If I find them I'll post the link.

69 RS - Total Nut & Bolt Rebuild began 9/6/07

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 10, 02:10 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
"Tri-Tip"

Only $28.95 here.

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." ..... George Washington

Gary,TC Member with a Lemans Blue/Ivory 02D X33, DZ, M20, MS, flat hood. Only the BU code rear end is original.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 10, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jerry

To make matters worse I have found one.....Now I will need to buy 2......unless anyone has one they would like to part with for the right price?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode