Turn signal help. - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 10, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Turn signal help.

When I turn the Left turn signal on both rear tail lights are flashing. When I turn the Right turn signal, only the right side blinks as it should. Testing voltage out of the turn signal switch. Left turn signal on, both the yellow and dark green wires are getting power. On the right turn signal only the green wire gets voltage. I'm thinking I need a new switch. agreed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 10, 09:08 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
cb

Send a message via Yahoo to flyingskibiker
Re: Turn signal help.

yup. I would guess it's the part of the switch that is supposed to disconnect the brake light signal from the chosen turn signal circuit? Wonder what happens when the brakes are applied?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'68 SS Camaro w/ a '66 427/425 28 year project and counting!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old May 4th, 10, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

This is a 69 by the way. Brake lights work as they're supposed to, but as i understand, testing the wires coming out of the turn signal switch, on a left hand turn, the yellow wire should have voltage, and on a right hand turn the green wire should have voltage. Correct?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old May 4th, 10, 02:23 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Check your earths...grounds in american.

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old May 4th, 10, 05:36 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
cb

Correct on colors.

I would have thought that when they are both flashing and you applied the brakes, that something bad would happen (change)... I guess if the both brake circuits are being opened up when the turn signal is applied, then it would be fine. Otherwise, I would have thought that at least one of the signals would remain solid while brakes are applied?

Anyway, yes, ALWAYS start w/ grounds. Have you recently removed and remounted your tail light assemblies? How about work under the dash?

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old May 5th, 10, 04:05 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS

check to be sure the correct bulbs are installed in both sockets. check the grounds on both sides. If one side is flashing brighter than the other I'd guess a bad ground.

Jeff
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old May 7th, 10, 07:49 PM
Senior Tech
Bill

Garage

Maybe not the easiest solution, but my 69 had funky flasher/brake/light issues when I bought it. I replaced the light harness front and back and all the bugs went away.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old May 10th, 10, 08:32 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
cb

I'm HOPING that will solve my horn issue... lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode