Brake warning light - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 10, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
kevin

Brake warning light

The switch near the E brake goes up and down if pushed but doesn't seem to connect to anything. Should it be hitting the E brake arm when E brake activated. Light works but won't go out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 10, 01:12 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
cb

Send a message via Yahoo to flyingskibiker
Re: Brake warning light

There should be a tab mounted to the side of the e-brake that contacts the switch. For '68, AIM UPC 12, sheet B9. Here is a picture of mine:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'68 SS Camaro w/ a '66 427/425 28 year project and counting!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 10, 05:18 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
kevin

Yes that's it. It seemed like an alignment problem or a missing piece.
I'll have to get that piece. Thanks

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 10, 02:02 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

There was a thread a yr or so ago discussing that tab...From rem ....was unalvalable?? pick one up from a wrecking yard??? or make one???

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 10, 08:41 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
cb

I have heard that, too.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 10, 08:45 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
There was a thread a yr or so ago discussing that tab...From rem ....was unalvalable?? pick one up from a wrecking yard??? or make one???
Meaning they won't sell them individually and you have to buy an entire e-brake pedal? I'm missing that switch too, so just curious.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 10, 09:05 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
cb

Not sure if you really mean the switch. You can buy the switch, I'm pretty sure. It's the metal piece that pushes the plunger on the switch that we are saying ins't available. You can try contacting the manufacturer of the brake pedal assembly and ask. I have tried that before for other things (gauge indicator lense) and had no luck...

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 10, 09:20 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingskibiker View Post
Not sure if you really mean the switch. You can buy the switch, I'm pretty sure. It's the metal piece that pushes the plunger on the switch that we are saying ins't available. You can try contacting the manufacturer of the brake pedal assembly and ask. I have tried that before for other things (gauge indicator lense) and had no luck...
Yeah, sorry, it's that metal piece and plunger that I'm missing, too. Bummer.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 10, 09:50 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
cb

hmmm....
http://www.firewheelclassics.com/sto...SKU=PBK%2D1341

http://www.rickscamaros.com/camaro-s...1967-1969.html
http://www.rickscamaros.com/camaro-p...roduct_Related

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 10, 10:52 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

There you go they are avaioble that last link in post above looks more like my orginal.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 10, 05:40 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Send a message via AIM to cuz13

Ricks or NPD carry it. I think I got mine at NPD.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 10, 09:52 AM
Senior Tech
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
There you go they are avaioble that last link in post above looks more like my orginal.
Thats odd, because the clip in the first link looks more like the one in the picture in post #2.

How can there be two completely different clips, and how does the last one attach?

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 10, 03:34 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
cb

I stuck my head up under there. Not easy since my column is loose and being supported, blocking off most of that area... It does seem to look more like the first link. It looks like the cable itself holds the large piece in place. The clip can be seen in my picture. It's rust colored and clipped near the cable end. Not sure what it does, exactly... It might keep the cable/tab in place if there is any slack.?.?

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 10, 10:45 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Just been out to check (again) which clip I have..Rem this is the orginal factory setup
Yep the 2nd clip
it is a bitch to get in..the end of the cable goes thru it and has a spring clip to hold it in place.
looking at the top assembly pic..it maybe just the angle the pic is taken
That is not an orginal factory switch..the orginal was white not black.
The E brake cable is directly under the switch and the tag part hangs out the top edge of the bracket

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 10, 11:31 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
cb

Kind of confusing... I guess I'll learn more about it when I take it all out for paint.

The switch was in there when I bought the car in '83. I do see that all the vendors sell white ones. I was wondering about it... Did you see a discussion on it's color somewhere?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode