left and right markers ? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 10, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
John

left and right markers ?

i have been working on the electrical for a 69 camaro i bought in June, none of the lights were working, slowly i have alot of stuff working now, such as the brake lights, backup lights, left and right signal lights, emergency light, the gas gauge, etc, slowly but surely, the only thing i have left is the domb light and the front lights wich i will be looking at tomarrow. its been a bit of a nightmare and i wouldnt of been able to figure it out if it wasnt for electrical wiring schematic i bought from classic industries.

My question was this, the left and right side markers do come on when i pull the light switch knob and will stay on until i push the knob back in to shut them off, Are those side markers also suppose to blink with the turn signal lights? when i turn on the left or right signal lights i only get the front and back lights to blink, is this correct? thx

Last edited by X11camaro; Oct 31st, 10 at 10:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 10, 06:31 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

Re: left and right markers ?

The side marker lights do not blink with the front and rear turn signals. What your car is now doing is correct.

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member # 159
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 10, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
John

thank you, im glad that its working right, one less thing i have to worry about, i also found why the front lights are not working, the floor switch is not allowing current to go to the front lights, i pulled the switch, cleaned the connections, did a continuity test and it will not switch over.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 10, 04:38 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by X11camaro View Post
thank you, im glad that its working right, one less thing i have to worry about, i also found why the front lights are not working, the floor switch is not allowing current to go to the front lights, i pulled the switch, cleaned the connections, did a continuity test and it will not switch over.
The floor switches are cheap and should be available from your GM dealer or auto parts stores. Just replace it.

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member # 159
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 10, 07:33 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Max Stewart

Send a message via Yahoo to bigbuckcity

The Front side marker lights do not blink when the turn signals are on, just the front and rear turn signals work when the right or left signals are engaged..................................
Some thing that you and other Camaro Owners may be interested in that happened on both my 68 Camaro Coupe and also my 69 Camaro Convertible, While driving at night, and I pushed the floor switch to change the beam of the head lights, the dash lights blinked, and then the Headlights and tail lights(all the lights went out), Man is that scary, Let the Camaro's set for 20-30 minutes, and turned on the Headlight switch and every thing worked, I did not take a chance and push the dimmer switch on the floor again, I immediately headed home (I live in Las Vegas, NV) and when I got home I pulled the carpet away from the floor dimmer switch and checked it, one screw was missing (there are two screws to hold it in place), and the other was loose, and there was corrision on the dimmer switch, went to Pep Boys the next morning, purchased a new dimmer switch, took it home and mounted it, and have never had any further problems with the lights working, As I said this happened on two different Camaros, and two different years, replaced the floor dimmer switch and again have never had a problem since, Point being, the switch is around $15.00, and I would highly recommend replacing the 40 plus year old switch!!!!!!!!!!!Just my opinion, but can tell you the old original switch SHOULD be replaced.........................................

Another recommendation from me is to purchase a Fire Extinguisher that will put out Gasoline and Electrical Fires and mount in the cabin of your ride, not in the trunk, want it where it has easy access when needed, Does no good to think about buying one, when a Fire starts it is too late to think about it, or have it sitting in your Garage doing no good in case your Camaro or what ever starts burning!!!! I have been there and done that, you can purchase a Fire Extinguisher at Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart for around $15.00 and they come with a mounting bracket, I have mine on the carpeted hump on the passenger side in both my Camaros, Mustang, pickup and my daily driver Bonneville Pontiac................................Course if you want Classic Industries, etc sells a chrome fire extinguisher for around $110, plus shipping costs.........................................
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 10, 07:40 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Max Stewart

Send a message via Yahoo to bigbuckcity

Some thing that I came across for my 1st Generation Camaro's is an LED Conversion Light Kit for the rears, Go to Technostalgia,com and check out what they have to offer, really sets the Camaro's off at night, or even during the day time. I have them mounted in my 68 Camaro Coupe and also in my 69 Camaro Convertible...They are not expensive, and any one can follow the easy instructions and take one person around an hour or less from start to finish........And Technostalgia makes these for a whole lot of different vehicles, pickups, Street Rods, 55-57 Chevys, and they are currently offering the LED Conversion Kits for the 2010-2011 Camaro's, I get a whole lot of compliments for them in my two 1st generation Camaros when cruising the World Famous Las Vegas Strip here in Las Vegas, NV...............I would recommend them to any one......They have a Life time guarantee......................................... ..
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 10, 05:17 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuckcity View Post
The Front side marker lights do not blink when the turn signals are on, just the front and rear turn signals work when the right or left signals are engaged..................................
Some thing that you and other Camaro Owners may be interested in that happened on both my 68 Camaro Coupe and also my 69 Camaro Convertible, While driving at night, and I pushed the floor switch to change the beam of the head lights, the dash lights blinked, and then the Headlights and tail lights(all the lights went out), Man is that scary, Let the Camaro's set for 20-30 minutes, and turned on the Headlight switch and every thing worked, I did not take a chance and push the dimmer switch on the floor again, I immediately headed home (I live in Las Vegas, NV) and when I got home I pulled the carpet away from the floor dimmer switch and checked it, one screw was missing (there are two screws to hold it in place), and the other was loose, and there was corrision on the dimmer switch, went to Pep Boys the next morning, purchased a new dimmer switch, took it home and mounted it, and have never had any further problems with the lights working, As I said this happened on two different Camaros, and two different years, replaced the floor dimmer switch and again have never had a problem since, Point being, the switch is around $15.00, and I would highly recommend replacing the 40 plus year old switch!!!!!!!!!!!Just my opinion, but can tell you the old original switch SHOULD be replaced.........................................

Another recommendation from me is to purchase a Fire Extinguisher that will put out Gasoline and Electrical Fires and mount in the cabin of your ride, not in the trunk, want it where it has easy access when needed, Does no good to think about buying one, when a Fire starts it is too late to think about it, or have it sitting in your Garage doing no good in case your Camaro or what ever starts burning!!!! I have been there and done that, you can purchase a Fire Extinguisher at Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart for around $15.00 and they come with a mounting bracket, I have mine on the carpeted hump on the passenger side in both my Camaros, Mustang, pickup and my daily driver Bonneville Pontiac................................Course if you want Classic Industries, etc sells a chrome fire extinguisher for around $110, plus shipping costs.........................................
All good advice. To expand a little, think about a battery cutoff switch like needed during drag racing if your battery is in the trunk. That switch SAVED my car two years ago. On the return road the engine died. I pulled to the side and white smoke started coming out from the front of the hood. A quick (very quick for an old guy) sniff of the smoke confirmed it wasn't steam. I ran back to the rear end and pushed the switch. Whew! Ten dollars damage for a new system feed wire. But I lost the original harness wrap. Drat. The point is: a dead short and resultant fire is nearly impossible to extinguish. When you see cars along side the road on fire, you can bet your sweet bippy that the cause wasn't fuel.

My halogen extinguisher is in the glove box. Not the best place but the roll bar is going in this winter and that will give more mounting options.
Here's a picture of the wire:

One owner 69 Camaro,(yep, bought it new
)
RS SS Hugger Orange, L88, 4:10's tru-tack posi, ducted hood, Endura, spoilers.
TH400 (CX) with Coan 8" converter, GV-OD, 8 track still on console and best et 10.495,
128.79mph 1.428 60'
All with 1960's stuff. (except tires and converter)
+ MT Super Scavenger headers & 3" full exhaust with X pipe. 3700 lbs. with me in it.
1000cfm AED and HD Harold-Lunati SR, 725 lift with shaft rockers too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode