69 Camaro console gauges - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 11, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
BJ

69 Camaro console gauges

On the back of my console gauges there is some kind of a round circuit board about one inch in diameter with what looks like a place for a flat prong light bulb but has no bulb in it and it is just hanging there. What is it and where does it go? There is one empty spot in the center that looks like it would accept a bulb , but if you try to plug it in there it hits the back of the oil pressure gauge. I didn't take it apart and I don't see any information in my wiring diagram.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 11, 07:07 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Re: 69 Camaro console gauges

It sounds like the low fuel warning board. I have one too, it works so I didn't bother it. It does look like it would take a bulb! It causes the fuel light to illuminate just under the speedo.

69 SS, 350/300 h.p., M-20, 12 bolt, matching numbers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 11, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
BJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelknots View Post
It sounds like the low fuel warning board. I have one too, it works so I didn't bother it. It does look like it would take a bulb! It causes the fuel light to illuminate just under the speedo.
OK , now I understand what it is for , but where is it supposed to plug in? It looks just like a normal bulb plug with prongs for pluging it in but there is no place on the back of the console gauges where it will fit. Does anyone have a picture of the back of the gauges with this part?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 11, 07:58 PM
Senior Tech
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Black View Post
OK , now I understand what it is for , but where is it supposed to plug in? It looks just like a normal bulb plug with prongs for pluging it in but there is no place on the back of the console gauges where it will fit. Does anyone have a picture of the back of the gauges with this part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Black View Post
There is one empty spot in the center that looks like it would accept a bulb , but if you try to plug it in there it hits the back of the oil pressure gauge.
There.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 11, 03:58 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
cb

Send a message via Yahoo to flyingskibiker

Nothing plugs into it. It just looks that way.

Many people don't plug it into their gauges for that very reason. It hits the back of the gauges. It doesn't have to mount anywhere. But some others kind of adjust things around to get it to mount and not hit anything...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'68 SS Camaro w/ a '66 427/425 28 year project and counting!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 11, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
BJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingskibiker View Post
Nothing plugs into it. It just looks that way.

Many people don't plug it into their gauges for that very reason. It hits the back of the gauges. It doesn't have to mount anywhere. But some others kind of adjust things around to get it to mount and not hit anything...
Makes no sense, why does it look like it takes a light bulb and have prongs for pluging it in?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 11, 09:14 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
cb

Send a message via Yahoo to flyingskibiker

Ask GM. Maybe that "housing" was a part on the shelf they thought they could reuse??? I have no idea.

I'm just passing on what I read. I have the gauges out of my car and can see how it's possible that they would mess up the oil pressure reading. Mine fits loose enough that I don't think it will effect it. Though, it may rattle... I will have to do some experimenting.

Do a search and some reading. You will see what others have to say.

'68 SS Camaro w/ a '66 427/425 28 year project and counting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode