1967 RS wiring...what is it?? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 11, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Joe

1967 RS wiring...what is it??

I purchased a box of wire supposedly for a 1967 camaro RS at the swap meet...from a convertible car I think. I am trying to figure out what this wire is to. I am stumped...Does this go to the front head lights and marker lights for the RS? IS it part of another harness? Is it to another year or another car even? Please help...

See the link

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/387999...aro-ss/page-19

Thanks

Last edited by 68ssmaro; Mar 28th, 11 at 09:21 PM. Reason: forgot to ask a question
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 11, 12:54 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
cb

Send a message via Yahoo to flyingskibiker
Re: 1967 rs wiring...what is it??

I like a mystery, so... I went through the entire AIM (with body, accessory, and A/C schematics), RS & console schematics, and AAW's website. But nothing matches that connector set up and wire colors. Though, the AIM schematics are incomplete, IMHO.

If I had to guess, that grommet means it goes through the firewall to get power. Some kind of accessory? If the single wire connector is a fuse holder, it is very close to the A/C relay. But I have no idea, really... That's no fun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'68 SS Camaro w/ a '66 427/425 28 year project and counting!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 11, 05:56 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Re: 1967 RS wiring...what is it??

I'm not familiar with RS wiring but the lead with the grommet looks like it's for the gas tank sending unit.

1968 Camaro Coupe: Forged 383, AFR heads, Edelbrock Air-Gap intake, Holley 750 dp, Dynatech headers (557 HP/543 TQ), TKO-600, 12 Bolt 3.73, Vintage Air.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 11, 08:34 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

67 RS wiring thru the firewall has 2 wires thru a grommet outboard of the master cyl. I'm not sure what you have there. I don't think it's 67 RS.

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

-
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 11, 10:09 AM
Senior Tech
Michael

It's not part of a '67 anything. RS or otherwise.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 11, 10:41 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Just went through all the wiring on my RS last month and that is not something i ever came across? As mentioned by others here it looks as though it would go to a gas tank sending unit,possibly oil or temp and maybe even a tach? The wire colors however do not correspond to those on a 67 camaro.

67 RSSS Van Nuys, 4th week Sept,1966
ps,tilt,headrest,spd warn,pw,am/fm,delux int,
remote mirror,rear defrost,tint glass.etc...
TKO 600 Extreme,12bolt 3:73 gears.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 11, 11:36 AM
Senior Tech
Adam

The colors are definitely not right, but the lead with the grommet looks like it might go through the trunk floor to on of the the RS back up lights?

67 RS/SS "YELR67"
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 11, 02:54 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bri

the one as mentioned looks like it goes through the trunk pan to a gas tank sending unit.

but out of the 67's i have none have that color or connector .

closest i found was the heater blower motor in the engine compartment and the other to a relay in the heater box inside the car.not saying its for a 67 camaro at all.

Very interesting not of the First gen camaro variety

"Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."

Albert Einstein

"Never Forget" FDNY 9/11/01

I have more than 4 Camaro's am I Addicted?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 11, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Joe

All,
I e-mailed American Autowire and this is what they said.

"What you have here is a GM heater harness, possibly for a 1970+ Nova. On this harness there is a connector for the resistor pack, for the heater switch and also the orange blower motor feed wire that runs through the grommet. It is not a harness we reproduce, however, you can be certain that it is not an OEM harness for a 1967-68 Camaro."

Well it looks like mystery solved.
If you know anyone who needs one of these non reproduced harnesses in near mint condition let me know.

Thanks for the help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
1967 rs wiring, wiring harness, wiring rs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode