Car wont start No spark - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 11, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Car wont start No spark

I have been at this for 3 weeks now. I have a 69 camaro with a 350. It has the msd 6al box and the hei ignition. I dont know if im over lookign it or what. but I get no spark to the plug. I have checked and the msd box is hooked up right and I replaced the cap rotor and coil. I parked it in the garage came out the next day and nothing.

Motor does turn over and its getting fuel if anyone can offer me any help or just tell me how to hook up the hei distributor without the msd box that would be great too.

If your in the central florida area I will pay someone knowledgable to come and repair this for me.

Thanks for your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 11, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: Car wont start No spark

You can hook up the HEI dist if you still have the module to install back into it. Unhook the MSD harness to the HEI pick-up coil and connect pick-up coil to the HEI module. Spread some heat sink grease on the bottom of the module for transferring heat. You can get the grease from Radio Shack or local auto parts store.
Apply a full battery voltage to the HEI dist BATT terminal from within the fuse panel IGN spade using #12 wire.
Use a timing light to check for spark and time the dist to the engine.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 11, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I did buy a hei 4 pin ign module and put that back in the dizzy fly problem is I know u hook the 2 wires that's inside the dizzy to the ign module but idk what wires are suppose the hook up to the 2 other pins or where those two wires go. When it comes out of the distributor.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 11, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Look here: http://rmcavoy.freeshell.org/HEI.html
The module plugs into a connector assembly/harness inside the body, then the same harness coming out plugs into the the terminals closet to the cap, those further inside BATT & TACH to connect to the coil.

Include the spring and button inside the dist cap to connect the coil output to the rotor.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 11, 06:16 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Page 16 at this link...http://www.msdignition.com/uploadedF...0_instructions

Click image for larger version

Name:	MSD.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	21552

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 11, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

So I hooked up the hei. Batt to the battery and the two wires out of the dizzy plugged into the ground and yellow wire on the hei. But still nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode