Re Turn signals - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 11, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
George

Garage
Smile Re Turn signals

HI all

I have a 69 RS/SS camaro and have imprted it into Australia, local Laws do not permit the use of break lights as an indicator and i would like to replace the reverse globes with Amber globes and use them as my indicators.. i also want to use the front driving lights that also double up at the momment as indicators but i need some help locating the main junction that makes the rear and front lights flash..

Can this be done? if so i would really love some help and ideas on DIY solution
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 11, 04:04 AM
Senior Tech
Tim

Re: Re Turn signals

Welcome George!
If you are in QLD then there are heaps of places that know this sort of thing inside-out and back-to-front and can get you through LO7 compliance, mainly around Bris/Gold Coast. Otherwise, I guess what you are suggesting could be done, but unless you're both capable and competent doing it yourself, probably best left to a qualified auto electrician. Tell 'em what you want, then just pay the bill and drive - easy!!
If you're serious about DIY though, get a copy of the '69 Factory Wiring Diagrams through the usual parts vendors or restoration parts suppliers.

1969 04A Van Nuys-built Z/28. Cortez Silver with dark blue interior and VE3. Sold Clippinger Chevrolet. Raced at Lions in LA.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 11, 05:03 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS

Outboard light sockets have three wires to them, Black, brown and a color (yellow and green) the colored wire is the turn signal wire move it over to the center bulb for turn signal then run a new wire from the brake light switch white wire to the wires that you just cut off the outboard sockets for brake lights. You need to cut the white under the dash and hook the new wire to the brake switch side.

Jeff

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 11, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
George

Garage

Thanks Guys

will do some searching today after work on the coloured wires and i will also get a hold of the wiring diagrams.. my very first job was as a car Alarm installer and i did that for 3 years before becomming an electrician (240 Volt) been playing with cables for over 25 years so DIY is the way to go for me

thanks once again and if anybody else has any info bring it on.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 11, 04:23 AM
Senior Tech
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa View Post
been playing with cables for over 25 years so DIY is the way to go for me
In that case, armed with the factory wiring diagrams, you'll $hit it in mate! Good luck and let us know how it turns out George!

1969 04A Van Nuys-built Z/28. Cortez Silver with dark blue interior and VE3. Sold Clippinger Chevrolet. Raced at Lions in LA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode