Retrosound Model two - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 12, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
norm

Retrosound Model two

Does anyone know when the Model two will be released?
I am ready to purchase the Model one but the new one will have Ipod charging and controls. Retrosound says "spring 2012" but I am hoping for a firm date.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 12, 05:57 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage
Re: Retrosound Model two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Does anyone know when the Model two will be released?
I am ready to purchase the Model one but the new one will have Ipod charging and controls. Retrosound says "spring 2012" but I am hoping for a firm date.
Thanks
I just looked into this myself, and now they are looking at June of 2012.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 12, 05:59 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Do you have a link to this radio??

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 12, 06:09 AM
Senior Tech
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet69camaro View Post
Do you have a link to this radio??
This is the link to the Restro Sound Model 2, not much there though.

http://www.retrosoundusa.com/products/category/id/12

Mike

An honest man's pillow is his peace of mind. JCM
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 12, 07:33 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

I heard it's 8-track compatible... I have the model one and it's a been a good radio.

Matt

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 12, 07:57 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlek131 View Post
I heard it's 8-track compatible... I have the model one and it's a been a good radio.
Lol. The Model 2 adds iPod display on the screen.

I'd like to know how much/if any control you have over choosing playlists and/or song selection. I'd also like to see how many pre-outs it has on the back since my interior is gutted and will be running power/RCA/speaker wires in the very near future.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 12, 09:00 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Model 2 is scheduled to be released June 2012. in terms of ipod control it is left up to the ipod itself and depends on the software capabilities of the unit.

I havent personally found a head unit that gives proper control over the ipod. The alpine was good but it is still buggy as well. Frankly i have better things to do then fiddle with small buttons , hit play and listen to the music is all i need it to do in the car.

The power is the same 50wx4 but really puts out about 22wx4 rms ( Will still need a proper amplifier to improve sound). 3 sets of rca outputs, flash drive reader.Certainly nothing special but it does install in the 67 dash without modification if that is all one is after?

67 RSSS Van Nuys, 4th week Sept,1966
ps,tilt,headrest,spd warn,pw,am/fm,delux int,
remote mirror,rear defrost,tint glass.etc...
TKO 600 Extreme,12bolt 3:73 gears.

Last edited by 67RSSS; Feb 22nd, 12 at 10:35 AM.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 12, 10:21 AM
Senior Tech
Tim

FWIW, I have the custom auto sound radio with the iPod capabilities and it was not that good at all. Limited ability of iPod info to the head unit. I could not do much but start and skip songs. It didn't list the playlist name on the head unit, all it says is playlist 1 or playlist 2, etc. I ended up getting rid of the "iPod to head unit" cable and just used the other AUX IN cable they also provided and just change my songs from the iPod itself. If the retrosound is anything like the custom autosound setup I would just get the model one and save some bucks I'm sure

Btw, I hate the sound quality from my custon autosound head set. No depth what so ever. I ended up putting to small amps in and it made a world of difference. I am not a super bass head, but I do like a crisp quality sound.

Also FWIW, I actually may end up purchasing the retrosound model one because I like the way it works and I really like the customer service I received with all the questions I had for him. Very nice people I have dealt with. I would still use the external amps I have now though. The watts they claim are no where near what an equal rated system by someone like alpine or pioneer is. At least that's the case with the autosound units.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 12, 10:29 AM
Senior Tech
Tim

Actually, upon further review, I am not even doing the model one. I forgot that all I need is the classic retrosound because I am using external amps and it also does have the aux input spot for my iPod. If I need to charge my iPod I just use an external cigarette charger. I was even thinking about wiring a hidden accessory port in my car so it can be charged and not seen.

Btw, I have a 67 with a console and I ran my head phone jack auxiliary cable into the storage area. so I use the iPod but it's still hidden away.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 12, 01:56 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67RSSS View Post

The power is the same 50wx4 but really puts out about 22wx4 rms ( Will still need a proper amplifier to improve sound). 3 sets of rca outputs, flash drive reader.Certainly nothing special but it does install in the 67 dash without modification if that is all one is after?
Do you know if the pre-outs are Front/Rear/Sub? I have 3 amps that I will be installing, and it would be great if I could control them separately from the head unit.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 12, 03:33 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

They claim it has sub output and two sets of RCA outputs!

67 RSSS Van Nuys, 4th week Sept,1966
ps,tilt,headrest,spd warn,pw,am/fm,delux int,
remote mirror,rear defrost,tint glass.etc...
TKO 600 Extreme,12bolt 3:73 gears.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 12, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
norm

Apparently the Model two has been delayed to late July 2012
http://www.retrosoundusa.com/products/category/id/12
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 12, 06:42 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

I am thinking of going with the Kicker PXi50.2 hidden away under the seat or dash and keep the look of the original radio. Has anyone tried it yet?
http://www.kicker.com/pxi502

[URL="<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gmQNZdnq-08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>"URL]

69 SS Silver Camro, LS3 efi, 4L60e with 2800 stall, mini tubed 12bolt 3.73, Ridetech front suspension ladder bar rear.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 12, 07:23 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Now I really like that. Brilliant idea. Any idea how much?

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 12, 12:05 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Only $150 for the Kicker PXi50.2

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...11PXi50.2.html

69 SS Silver Camro, LS3 efi, 4L60e with 2800 stall, mini tubed 12bolt 3.73, Ridetech front suspension ladder bar rear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode