Can some one in Team Camaro help!!!! - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 12, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Max Stewart

Send a message via Yahoo to bigbuckcity
Can some one in Team Camaro help!!!!

I recently had an Extreme Makeover done on my 68 Camaro Coupe, and I mean extreme, Need help on one issue as to installed a complete New Painelss Wiring Harness Part 20101. Painless does not include the factory plug that comes from under the dash to connect to the center console harness that has 1/2 of the factory plug that is supposed to snap into the factory harness console wiring to provide the electrical power to the console, shifting pattern and console courtesy light. So far I am unable to find the factory plug with I hope a pigtail that can be connected into the Painless Wiring harness. Has anyone reading this have an old 68 Camaro Factory Wiring harness that they are not using or going to use, that would have this plug that I could buy?????. The way it is now since I cannot find the factory plug that I need from Ricks, Classic Industries, etc or even Painless, the guy doing the wiring harness install wants to cut the console harness plug off and but the console and underdash wiring together, I DO NOT Want to do that, if the console should ever have to be removed in the future, all I would like to do is seperate the Male and Female Plugs. I am just so detailed in trying to do things the right way, the first time I would rally like to get the cosole electrical factory plug, Can any of you help me, or even know where to buy the correct connector that I need, I walked the salvage yard her in Vegas and that was like farting in the wind, no such luck............Thanks, Max in Las Vegas, NV Also I hope this description is not to conflicated to understand................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 12, 10:21 PM
Senior Tech

Re: Can some one in Team Camaro help!!!!

all you need to do is buy a multi pin connector plug and make your own.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 12, 03:13 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Re: Can some one in Team Camaro help!!!!

Go to Radio Shack. They have male and female plugs that do up to about 10 terminals. You might have to use 2 smaller ones. Lets say you need 10 wire plug. Buy 2-5 wire plugs and make him put them on opposite each other. That way if you unplug them they will only go on one way.

I use them all the time on my custom wiring for painless kits.

They are in the pull out bins at the store.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode