SuperBrightLED's - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 12, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Eric

SuperBrightLED's

Added another LED for my heater control,I really like these,almost 0 power consumption And really bright. And really GREEN.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 12, 02:16 PM
Senior Tech

Re: SuperBrightLED's

Looks great! Almost makes you want to try them in the courtesy lights too. I may have to look into those for my 69 vert.

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 12, 02:23 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Boy they would make night time driving easier for old guys like me. What's your source?
Thanks for sharing.

69 SS, 350/300 h.p., M-20, 12 bolt, matching numbers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 12, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Eric

Source is SuperBrightLED'S.com. They have a vehicle bulb finder option that shows you what you'll need to order. My entire car is LED now with the exception of the headlights. You can turn everything on and the current draw is almost nothing. I think that will be cool for nitetime car shows.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 12, 03:21 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Entire car meaning running, parking and tail light? If so Eric can you post a few pics of those too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 12, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Eric

Sure no prob. Heres some parking ,tail and back-up shots I guess the camera dosen't really do them justice, they look a lot better in person they are quite a bit brighter than the old incandescents. The back-up lights are really bright.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 12, 04:37 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Aaron

I did pretty much the same, though I went with the cool white which doesn't look sa good as yours. The things I would do different are color and getting the more expensive but 360 degree bulbs for the dash to get a little better coverage.

can you post the bulb numbers you used for your dash? I have to dig up the ones I used but I know they were the much cheaper ones.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 12, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawgDavao View Post
I did pretty much the same, though I went with the cool white which doesn't look sa good as yours. The things I would do different are color and getting the more expensive but 360 degree bulbs for the dash to get a little better coverage.

can you post the bulb numbers you used for your dash? I have to dig up the ones I used but I know they were the much cheaper ones.
I went with cool white too, I love it. For the instruments ,you said it, you have to use 360 degree bulbs. I used the hp 5 in green, they were 5.95 each, not too bad because the most you will probably need would be six, if you're doing gauges too. Couldin't believe how good they worked. A while back I read on here to use sylvania 2825 instead of 194. It helped a lot ,but these LEDS just really out performed them.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 12, 05:08 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Yeah they look great. Thanks for the post.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 12, 05:28 PM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Looks great!!! Just picked up the #90 courtesy dome light for my 67 with the deluxe interior after looking at this. I'll post pictures when I get them.

1967 Camaro RS :
461 LS6 BBC
Super Cased Muncie M22Z
12 bolt Posi

post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 12, 05:41 PM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Much brighter...thinking of doing the gauge lights next. I can barely see mine at night. Which bulb fit, since theres plenty of replacements for the 194's?? ( not sure how much different the 67 cluster is.

1967 Camaro RS :
461 LS6 BBC
Super Cased Muncie M22Z
12 bolt Posi

Last edited by jjgrizz73; Feb 2nd, 12 at 05:57 PM.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 12, 07:41 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Eric,
What bulbs did you use for the tail lights? Great post!

67 Vert RS/SS 350 4 SP
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 12, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Eric

Outers are 1157 red 45 led towers,back up are 45 towers cool white 1156,inners are 1156 red 18 led towers. There are lots of choices on their site. I never knew that the inners are supposed to be 1156 until lately. I didin't notice much difference in brightness between the 18 towers and the 45 towers. The 18s are a little bit less expensive.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 12, 09:34 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

The 67 cluster requires two bulbs to light up the main gauges! The others are just your indicator lights and do not require much in the way of brightness to operate. The two main gauges however require a brighter bulb 9 led at minimum and preferably higher 13-15. This is definatley required if you are going with blue leds. (get the 13-15) If white than 9-13.

The main gauges faceplates do not allow as much light through as the 69 gauges for some reason so higher number of leds is better! There is plenty of room for the two main bulbs that light the instrument cluster. Do not be concerned on the length or width even the 24 led will fit.

67 RSSS Van Nuys, 4th week Sept,1966
ps,tilt,headrest,spd warn,pw,am/fm,delux int,
remote mirror,rear defrost,tint glass.etc...
TKO 600 Extreme,12bolt 3:73 gears.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 12, 09:37 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

The 67 cluster requires two bulbs to light up the main gauges! The others are just your indicator lights and do not require much in the way of brightness to operate. The two main gauges however require a brighter bulb 9 led at minimum and preferably higher 13-15. This is definatley required if you are going with blue leds. (get the 13-15) If white than 9-13.

The main gauges faceplates do not allow as much light through as the 69 gauges for some reason so higher number of leds is better! There is plenty of room for the two main bulbs that light the instrument cluster. Do not be concerned on the length or width even the 24 led will fit without problems.

i run 2x 18 blues in mine for the main cluster and the others are all 3s.

67 RSSS Van Nuys, 4th week Sept,1966
ps,tilt,headrest,spd warn,pw,am/fm,delux int,
remote mirror,rear defrost,tint glass.etc...
TKO 600 Extreme,12bolt 3:73 gears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode