Auto meter gauges picture. - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 12, 04:35 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dean

Auto meter gauges picture.

Because I refuse to get "BENT OVER" and pay $400 for a set of console gauges for my 67 I decided to purchase a set of console gauges from Auto Meter. The package arrived and I must say they do appear to be well made and sturdy but I'm not an expert and the gauges show oil pressure, amps and water temp. I'm wanting the oil pressure and water temp because I'm not really sure I trust the dummy lights and I like the way the gauges look at the end of the console. I was disappointed that the gauges from Auto Wire were not bigger and are not as wide as the OEM gauges but they do look really nice.

Anyway...I was hoping that someone might have a picture of gauges they installed that they could post so I can see what they look like and get an idea of how to install the set I have. Thanks.

1967 Camaro Convertible with a 327, TH350transmission, Edelbrock 1406 600cfm carb, Edelbrock 1721 fuel pump & 2701 intake.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The true measure of a man is not where he stands in time of comfort and convenience but where he stands in time of challenge and controversy."
MLK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 12, 05:51 AM
Senior Tech
Eric

Re: Auto meter gauges picture.

Here's a pic of mine. In a Auto Meter gauge pod /'69 console. I refuse to get bent over too. These cost about half as much as the factory repro's.

'69 Camaro, w/'67 L30 327 .030, L79 cam, 700DP, M20, 3.73 12 Bolt
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 12, 06:45 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Michael Gekko

Eric, you are using the bright LED lights, right?

Looks really good.

1968 Camaro NHRA/IHRA SS/C 'Super Stocker' 396/Jerico
1968 Street/Strip Camaro 350 w/PG
1968 Caprice NHRA/IHRA Stock ELiminator O/SA 327-250 HP

Land of the Free Because of the Brave

It Takes a Long Time to Grow Old Friends

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 12, 06:53 AM
Banned
Rob

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 12, 09:27 AM
Senior Tech
Al

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 12, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dean

WOW! Those are damn nice! I'm looking for a pic of the black module with the 3 gauges...oil, amps & water. I'm not sure how to mount mine. Under the ash tray or to the console. After seeing prices for consoles I'm scared to breathe on mine. The prices on those things drive me nucking futs!

1967 Camaro Convertible with a 327, TH350transmission, Edelbrock 1406 600cfm carb, Edelbrock 1721 fuel pump & 2701 intake.

"The true measure of a man is not where he stands in time of comfort and convenience but where he stands in time of challenge and controversy."
MLK
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 12, 10:07 AM
Senior Tech
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor's Nemesis View Post
Eric, you are using the bright LED lights, right?

Looks really good.
Thanks, Michael. Yep,those are the Superbright LEDS.

Hey Al, That plug-in looks like a great idea. Wish I would of done that, but my water temp is mech. I might have to switch to electric someday.

'69 Camaro, w/'67 L30 327 .030, L79 cam, 700DP, M20, 3.73 12 Bolt
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 12, 05:08 PM
Senior Tech

Mount to dash metal, at the bottom edge of the bezel the ashtray is set in. As a first test, just put the gauges in the panel and use some of that foam double sided tape to mount it under the dash, and see how it looks and whether you can really see them while driving.

Heck, if you clean the metal well enough and no one has Armor All'd down there, you may be able to get away with a good automotive or exterior grade double side tape to mount the panel and not drill any holes in anything. As long as it isn't someplace where it could come loose and get to your feet at the accelerator or brake pedal.

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 12, 05:21 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Your talking 67 camaro. Do you have the factory console. I installed some 2-5/8 autometer in a stock guage panel on a 67 camaro for a buddie of mine. The factory guage cluster for the console was metal. I did have to grind the holes bigger for the guages to fit.

Sorry no pictures as I did this about 10 years ago.

This is the part I modified.

http://www.classicindustries.com/cam...s/6458139.html

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 12, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet69camaro View Post
Your talking 67 camaro. Do you have the factory console. I installed some 2-5/8 autometer in a stock guage panel on a 67 camaro for a buddie of mine. The factory guage cluster for the console was metal. I did have to grind the holes bigger for the guages to fit.

Sorry no pictures as I did this about 10 years ago.

This is the part I modified.

http://www.classicindustries.com/cam...s/6458139.html

Yes sir I'm talkin 67 Camaro and I do have the factory console. The gauges in the link you sent are what I'm wanting but dont want to spend that kind of money. The set I have from Auto Wire are much smaller and don't attach to the console and appears I have to bolt/screw/tape it under teh ash tray some how. The more I look at this I'm not to excited about the plastic tubing that runs hot oil into the car. I may not hook that gauge up.

MLK
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 12, 08:23 PM
Senior Tech
Brent

I just installed the 3 pod autometer guages. They installed under the ash tray. I didn't want t drill any more holes under there so I drilled two holes in the guage pod and just screwed it through the existing ash tray holes. Will take some pics tomorrow and post em.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 12, 08:58 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Robert

Here you go!

Last edited by rsb0719; Jun 19th, 14 at 04:41 PM.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 12, 01:46 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by islanddean View Post
Yes sir I'm talkin 67 Camaro and I do have the factory console. The gauges in the link you sent are what I'm wanting but dont want to spend that kind of money. The set I have from Auto Wire are much smaller and don't attach to the console and appears I have to bolt/screw/tape it under teh ash tray some how. The more I look at this I'm not to excited about the plastic tubing that runs hot oil into the car. I may not hook that gauge up.
I also wasn't happy to have a hot oil line running into the car so changed my mechanical guage to an electric one.

What's a mid life crisis

67 SS
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 12, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbd67 View Post
I just installed the 3 pod autometer guages. They installed under the ash tray. I didn't want t drill any more holes under there so I drilled two holes in the guage pod and just screwed it through the existing ash tray holes. Will take some pics tomorrow and post em.
The easiest route. I have done the same, even in other vehicles, used existing hardware.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode