Attach wire to heater blower motor - 67 RS no A/C - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 12, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
MO

Unhappy Attach wire to heater blower motor - 67 RS no A/C

Hello sportsfans! First time poster, first time restoration too. Had body and paint completed and now re-wiring engine compartment for 327. Working my way back around the engine after having labeled and studied the wiring diagrams. The body shop I used also replaced the blower motor while the fender was off. However, now I have to hook the wire up and the stud appears to be on the far side of the motor and my hands and wife's smaller hands can not get to it. I hate to pull the fender. Can I pull the bolts on the inner wheel well housing just enough to open space to get the wire hooked up (without scratching up too much paint on the fender or the engine compartment)? Thank you all, MO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 12, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: Attach wire to heater blower motor - 67 RS no A/C

You can, but you have to pull the inner fender out from behind the outer fender and this effort will scratch the edges.
You might be able to unbolt the inner fender from the rear brace on the subframe and from the top of the fender and 'roll' it down giving alittle more room.
You might offer an ice cream cone to a 10-yr old and instruct them, let them sit in the engine compartment and reach in.

Welcome, Mo. You'll be gigged for pictures, Boys here like new paint.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden … enjoy your next chapter.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 12, 04:15 AM
Senior Tech

Re: Attach wire to heater blower motor - 67 RS no A/C

Mo, are you sure you have the right stud? I had the same issue on my 67 and was able to snake my hand back there and get the wire on. It was awkward, but not impossible and I'm a decent sized dude.

That, or my orange wire is hooked on the end of a random bolt! (Spade connecter so I doubt it)

67 With a few things bolted to it
98 Z28 That needs love
12 SS With a few things bolted to it
50 Chevy With a few things unbolted from it
RJ USAF
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
blower motor, wire

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode