Can I wire electric fan relay like this? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 12, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Don

Can I wire electric fan relay like this?

Found this thread..

https://www.camaros.net/forums/showpo...2&postcount=13

Just like the picture using the switch also in the photo.

I would like control of the fan regardless of key position so I can run the fans for a bit with the key off if need be.

Then I'd also like them to be on automatically when the key is on and the car reaches a given temperature using the temp controller.

Thanks so much,

Donnie

68 Camaro - 540 HP AFR 412 CI, TH350 full manual, 3500 stall, 3.36 yukon gears/axles, 8.2" eaton posi, 17 inch Intro's. Jet black. Hotchkis sways, 3 in drop leafs/springs/bilsteins, G MOD, C5/4th gen brakes. 11.89 @ 119//2.01 60 ft
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 12, 02:31 AM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G
Re: Can I wire electric fan relay like this?

Looks like it should work....but be aware that your relay may be numbered different. Follow the relay schematic.

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 12, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Don

Doug,

Thank you, I'll make sure that my relay matches that one before I wire it up

Thx again,

Donnie

68 Camaro - 540 HP AFR 412 CI, TH350 full manual, 3500 stall, 3.36 yukon gears/axles, 8.2" eaton posi, 17 inch Intro's. Jet black. Hotchkis sways, 3 in drop leafs/springs/bilsteins, G MOD, C5/4th gen brakes. 11.89 @ 119//2.01 60 ft

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 12, 01:32 PM
Senior Tech
Josh

The good controller kits come with everything to do exactly that, they have a solid state micro board with a relay (that is removable/replaceable) the override switch and a harness. I like the ones from summit. Easy to set up with a fully controllable temp setting from 150 to 250. The good one can run 2 fans at once, if you have a dual setup to run a low and then a high.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 12, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbin2ndgear View Post
The good controller kits come with everything to do exactly that, they have a solid state micro board with a relay (that is removable/replaceable) the override switch and a harness. I like the ones from summit. Easy to set up with a fully controllable temp setting from 150 to 250. The good one can run 2 fans at once, if you have a dual setup to run a low and then a high.

I bought a flex a lite adjustable fan controller but it didn't come with any directions for how to wire a relay.

Just going to try and use that link along with the directions from the controller. I've done one before it's just been years and for some reason wiring/electrical is just not my forte.

Thanks again,

Donnie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode