Are these wiring harness mods correct? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 12, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Matt

Are these wiring harness mods correct?

I am planning to redo my engine wiring harness when I put the car back together. I am adding a CS130 alternator, electric fans, and replacing the broken electrical headlights with Retro-electro motors and motor controllers to eliminate all the relays and limit switched.

I have read many post on needed wiring changes for these mods. I have begun to modify the stock wiring diagram and wanted to get some input on my modifications. Here is what I have so far.

I am planning to eliminate the voltage regulator. Also thinking about eliminating the junction block but don't know if that is a good idea. I don't have a heater blower motor or a brake alarm switch with the swap to Wilwood brakes so I have removed them from the diagram. I may attempt to use these terminals in the firewall connect for something else but haven't gotten that far yet.

I am planning on upgrading to larger gauge wire for the starter wire, alternator wire, and ground wire.

I would appreciate any input. I would like to do it right the first time.

Thanks,

Matt
67 RS, 406 small block, TKO600, Moser 12-bolt (3.73)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 12, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: Are these wiring harness mods correct?

Looks good, but why do you have battery voltage to HMC's?
Obviously, the 8R is connected to BATT rather than S terminal shown.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 12, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Matt

Everett, thanks for the reply. The instructions from Retro-Electro said they need constant 12V power. They said to get power for the DS from the horn relay and the PS from the battery.

Thanks for pointing out the error in the alternator wiring. Where does the S terminal wire to?

Also, should I use some type of junction block for power rather than connect everything to the positive battery post?

Matt

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 12, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

You're welcome. On the S wire, sense wire, may not need one as the CS on my '88 Dually, OE design, just has the brown wire for the battery light. If you were going to hook it up, optimum place would be the BAT spade on the fuse panel. The horn relay buss bar would be good or the added junction block on your list.

Dummy me, the HMC's get turn 'on' power from the headlamp power............go figure.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 12, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Matt

Thanks Everett. I review the info I found on the CS130 swap and see that the S terminal is connected to the + Bat terminal on the alternator along with the wire to the battery. I modified my wiring diagram accordingly.

I will have to think about a junction block or bus bar to go near the battery for accessories. I still need to add the power for the electric fans to this wiring diagram.

Matt
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 12, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

The schematic does not show the OE junction block next to the battery - power for one fan. Optional to use the horn relay buss bar for power for both fans.

'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode