Procomp Module - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 12, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Gene

Procomp Module

Good morning,

ProComp has a 4-pin circuit board type module that replaces the standard 4-pin module. The part number is PC6040. This is similar to the MSD only it does not have the built in rev limiter and is less than half the price. Does anyone on the sight have any experience with or opinion on this product?
Thank you,
gene68ss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 12, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Gene

Re: Procomp Module

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene68ss View Post
Good morning,

ProComp has a 4-pin circuit board type module that replaces the standard 4-pin module. The part number is PC6040. This is similar to the MSD only it does not have the built in rev limiter and is less than half the price. Does anyone on the sight have any experience with or opinion on this product?
Thank you,
gene68ss
Well I guess no response means a NO.
Now does that mean.
No good
No have not tried
No don't care
No don't have time for your silly questions
gene68ss
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 12, 02:39 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Robert

I've got a new ProComp distributor in a drawer that I'm not sure why I haven't just thrown it away, if that helps you.

Robert

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
355ci 10:1, 64cc Edelbrocks, Comp Mag 280H, Performer RPM, 700r4 (2000 stall), 3.55 posi A/C PS PDB Hotchkis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
369ci 10.3:1, 64cc Edelbrocks, Voodoo 276/284, Performer RPM, Holley 650DP ...T56 Magnum, 3.73 Moser 12 bolt
TC member #18

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 12, 05:53 PM
Senior Tech
BobH

I wouldn't use anything ProComp, they are poor copies of others . I've had a dealing a few years back and it didn't go well. They will tell you its from Australia but what they do is manufacturer in China then ship and box in Aussy land. Its crap
Try a google search on the company
BobH
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 12, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobH View Post
I wouldn't use anything ProComp, they are poor copies of others . I've had a dealing a few years back and it didn't go well. They will tell you its from Australia but what they do is manufacturer in China then ship and box in Aussy land. Its crap
Try a google search on the company
BobH
I can try the Google search however I pay dues to TC and I like to hear from team members that have hands on experience to share.
Thank you,
gene68ss
383 stroker and all that other stuff.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 12, 02:19 PM
Senior Tech
BobH

Talking Re: Procomp Module

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene68ss View Post
I can try the Google search however I pay dues to TC and I like to hear from team members that have hands on experience to share.
Thank you,
gene68ss
383 stroker and all that other stuff.
Understood wasn't meant as a slam . Just my experience with ProComp plus all the reading I've done on other sites. ProComp is kinda like what Unlimited is to fiberglass body parts.
Hit or miss
BobH
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 12, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Gene

Quote:
Understood wasn't meant as a slam . Just my experience with ProComp plus all the reading I've done on other sites. ProComp is kinda like what Unlimited is to fiberglass body parts.
Hit or miss
BobH
No problem, just been away from cars for so many years, I am behind on most everything and depend on those that have kept up to date and don't want to spend money on junk, I like bargans but not junk.
Thanks for your imput,
gene68ss
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 12, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Gene

Quote:
Hit or miss
BobH
What got me to looking at the modules, I bought a new Accell Dist and the car would not go above 2000RPM, checked, checked and checked, Put GM parts in it, Module etc. and it ran but not right. Sent the module and harness back to Accell and they replaced it right away even though I bought it on ebay and from an individual, with no warranty, so Accell was very customer friendly. I am still working with it, just discovered I have a vacuum leak around the throttle shave of the Holley, went to Quick Fuel and they are going to install the shafts for me. Kind of handy living where I do with Holley and Quick fuel within 15 minutes. May explain some of the things I have been chasing my tail over.
thanks,

gene68ss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
distributor, ignition, module, msd, procomp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode