Project 67RS Camaro - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 12, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Miles

Project 67RS Camaro

Hi Camaro fans !
I have a 1967 RS Camaro . The wiring is all hack up . So with that said I have a hei distributor and a one wire alternator . Should I go to the junk yard to splice a wiring harness togather with my old one or buy a ebay wiring harness ? Cash in short so I'm not looking to spend alot .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 12, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Miles

Re: Project 67RS Camaro

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 12, 08:21 AM
Senior Tech
Michael

No, don't continue to hack your harness.

Get a new one that incorporates your HEI and one wire.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 12, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Miles

Where and how much ?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 12, 07:01 AM
Senior Tech
Scott

Is it a real 67 RS or a partial conversion? What's the TT read? You have 68 fenders and a standard valance. Where are the reverse lights located? Decipher TT here: http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml#CowlTag
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 12, 07:14 AM
Senior Tech
Michael

Go online and check out the usual Camaro suppliers, or give 'em a call.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 12, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Miles

It is a real RS . Right now it is a parts car and needs alot of the right parts .
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 12, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Miles

Cowl Tag Decode:
Build Date- O5 -- May
Model Year -- ST 67 -- 1967
Series and Interior Style Code - 12437 - Sport Coupe, standard interior
Build Site -- LOS - Los Angles
Interior Trim - 760 - Black standard buckets
Lower Body Color -- L-L - Tahoe Turquoise
Options W - tinted windshield
2MG -- M, (LOS - TH400), G, center console, S - rear antenna ("2" appears as a trim tag location identifier on Camaros with one of the above options but is not an option code itself)
3L - L - RPO Z22, Rally Sport Equipment ("3" appears as a trim tag location identifier on Camaros with one of the above options but is not an option code itself.)
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 12, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Miles

This is the ad for the car when I bought it. It is only a RS car . No rust .

1967 Camaro RS/SS -- This is a project Chevolet muscle car that will require restoration. I have lowerewd the price due to the fact that I found out the engine is not orginal and therfore it would cost about $ 600 to replace. This car is all original and it has not been on the road since 1978. There is no rust, yes this is an original California car, and the motor is a small block and the transmission is a turbo 400 Auto-matic. This is not a power-glide trans car!! The car was purchased from the original owner and stored since 1978 in a covered garage. There are three areas that will need additional repair and the left front fender has some areas that are suspect. Both rear quarter panels need to be repaired and there is a small section above the driver's door that will need repair (this is a small dent). The left front fender is not original to the vehicle. You can see from the pictures that there is no rust on this vehicle and the under portion also confirms this fact. All of the glass is in great shape with exception of the front windshield. All of the trim pieces are in place except for a short strip above the driver's door. This car has power steering and the rear end is a 10 bolt posi-traction unit and is original to the vehicle. The seats are bucket seats with the headrest but the headrest attachment has departed the fix. The Rally rims go with the car. There is a light coat of primer applied to protect this car while I was waiting to restore it but I am in the middle of two projects and cannot see me getting to this one for about another four -- five years. I believe that this is a numbers correct vehicle but I am not as knowledgeable on Chevy's to be able to confirm that fact.

Note (Los Angles Camaros that were manufactured prior to September were not marked with the SS option on the Cowl Tag, so if the cowl tag were marked at this point you might suspect a forgery)

This vehicle is being sold as is and no warranty is included. The buyer is responsible for shipping and handling but we will assist in any way that is reasonable to help you get this car to you. The buyer will be expected to provide a $ 1,000.00 cash deposit (non-refundable) within 48 hours. $ 7,0000.00

Last edited by 67rs_camaro; Nov 21st, 12 at 02:24 PM. Reason: add notes
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 12, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Miles

Now my fuse box is rusty.... Can I save it ??? Or do I have to buy ???
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 12, 03:34 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
jared

I have a 67 rs/ss and It had all the same problems ,but the fuse box was ok,but did have a little rust that a dremel drill took care of on the fuse holders. The fire wall was a real mess, wires missing and wires added, So I bought a AAW wiring harness for the motor and lighting . You can't go wrong with them.They do cost a little bit more but they are a plug and play set up.Everything hooks right up and looks factory !!! Some of the ebay items are cheap and also junk. I'd bit the bullet and buy a AAW harness , you'll be glad later that you did
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 12, 07:21 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jason

Save your money and pick up an AAW classic update harness for your car. You will be worlds ahead and never worry about whether your car is going to catch fire. Wiring is something that should never be cheaped out on.

Jason
2009 CTS-V - 1968 Camaro 327/M20 Sequoia Green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode