67 RS headlights - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 13, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member

67 RS headlights

Alright working on the final items on my pumch list to complete car. Ihave a 67 rs with a complete brand new AAW harness and all new relays and rs headlight parts including new bulbs.I have two issues.
1. when you turn high beams on, are the front running lights suppose to go out.Also don't have right front turn signal, but have left turn signal and have both running lights when in low beam.
2. I have no low beams, and the doors will not open. if you very lightly touch each door they open on their on, but then they will not close when you turn lights off.

This is the first 67 for me I've only worked on 69's so I know them. Any help would be great. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 13, 04:55 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Re: 67 RS headlights

On question 1, yes the running lights should go out when you have the headlights on. This is easily changed if you want to, just pull the light switch and change the position of the wire feeding the front running lights. This changed in 68 and from then on the running lights stayed on with headlights.

On question 2, the doors should close when you have the key on and cut the lights at the same time. If the key is off the doors should stay open. If you have to touch the doors to make them open, check the limit switches(outboard ones). They alternate between providing the ground or motor power depending upon which way the doors need to go. The relays switch the polarity. Check all grounds for good contact. There are many pictures of correct wiring in some other threads but you will have to search for those. Good luck!

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 13, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member

Re: 67 RS headlights

Thanks. I went thru the entire wiring today. Checked all relays. Not sure why I don't have low beams but yet I have high beams. When I first hooked everything up a few weeks ago the doors would not open but they would close on there own. Now I don't even hear the relays clicking. I read some where that if there was no low beams doors would not open not sure I understand that one.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 13, 07:18 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Check the dimmer switch on the floor for good contact and operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode