Cloth wire help with a MSD - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 13, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bob

Cloth wire help with a MSD

Hello all I have a 6al and MSD billet distributor (2 wires with a plug to the box) along with a blaster coil on a 69. When I hook it up according to the instructions I have no spark . I have a Hitachi style starter only hooked up to the purple wire (yellow is taped up there is only one spade connection) The car cranks over fine. I have the small red wire(from the 6AL)connected to the yellow (old) coil wire . I had it (the red) connected to both the cloth wire and the yellow ,with the same results. Any help appreciated hopeful I've over looked something stupid.
Thanks Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 13, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: Cloth wire help with a MSD

Cloth covered wire to small red wire is the box 'turn on' signal.
You might jumper battery voltage to the small red wire just to see if the system works.
I'm sure the coil is hooked up correctly in accordance to the instructions.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 13, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bob

I got (I think) it I don't think the yellow is useful any more. I hooked the small red to a dedicated keyed on power supply and got FIRE ! I guess the cloth is of no use either....

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 13, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bob

Simultaneous posting..... thanks Jake you were correct sir, its amazing what a fresh (un alcohol tinged) brain can do in the morning ! I went to bed all depressed last night.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 13, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Cool! Jake is a pretty smart Basset Hound...and he doesn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express either...

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 13, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bob

Sorry Everett guilty of speed reading . The older you get the less time you have. I have to speed everything it seems anymore . This current (life time) project has left me has left with no time or $ . Wife is LOVING it , she just wants one box to be for her
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode