Team Camaro Tech banner

wiring help needed.

3K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Vega$69 
#1 ·
I am in the finishing stages of new Dakota Digital gauges, and Classic Air install. Actually those are done and I started car to check if they were working and they did.

NOW I just installed a new wiring harness and Detroit Speed RS grill kit, but now when I go to start it I have no power...

I believe I wired it just like the old harness but now I have no power when I turn key, no lights nothing. I tested battery and even jumped it but nothing. I would expect to have some power at least.

I replaced the drivers side harness only and from the firewall forward. Could this cause total loss of power to car? The small relay on the driver's side up behind head light are that is wired up to harness could this be wired wrong and cause it?

PLEASE. All and any suggestions welcome As I am at a loss here..

#4 ·
Got any pics of this for me? That does reminds me that I did replace the battery terminals and the positive had a small red wire built into the old terminal and I forgot where it went and forgot to replace it. It had a black plastic thing on other end that appears to have pulled loose from something. ... is this what you could be referring to on firewall?.. I have the MSD
Ignition wired up or is this something different?

#3 ·
You need to identify your hot line from the battery to your electric junction on firewall, then from there to the ignition switch. Is it completely dead? or just the ignition? I'm sure you've checked your wires to make sure they are all connected. You might reference a schematic of wiring to aid in your wire trace. I have had this same upgrade done within the last 2 months. (Vintage Air and RS conversion using electric motors instead of vacuum canisters on headlight doors). Much tracing with an circuit tester got things sorted out.

#11 ·
There is no junction box. 12v from batt to junction block. It's just a plastic piece with a threaded stud and nut attached to the radiator support between the battery tray and the radiator.

From there to horn relay buss. Buss to firewall connector

#12 ·
What was the file type? PDF's tend to take a long time to spool up from your hard drive lately.

Attachments

#16 ·
There is only the horn relay unless you have added relays for headlights or the car has a cowl induction hood then there would be a factory relay mounted on the heater box.

#19 ·
Exactly. That's the junction block. You need 12v from the battery to the terminal and then from there to the horn relay buss.

It attaches to the radiator support through the top hole

#24 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.