Digi Tails issues 69 Camaro Taillights - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 14, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Joe Lickwala

Digi Tails issues 69 Camaro Taillights

I recently purchased a set of 69 Camaro Digi Tails taillights from Spaghetti engineering and i seem to be having some issues with them. I double/triple checked my wiring and also have tried two different flasher relays (second one had a ground wire). they work as expected except when the blinker is on and the brake is applied the brake light also flashes in that same housing and the other taillight works as it should. (see attached Video) At this point i am thinking it might be an issue with the led panel itself, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 14, 11:59 AM
Senior Tech
kevin

Re: Digi Tails issues 69 Camaro Taillights

check out this post
LED taighlight problem, tail lights and brake light issue
Brad74
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 14, 12:36 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Double check your grounds ?

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 14, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Joe Lickwala

okay, so I just tried running a ground wire direct to both taillight boards in one of the taillights to the negative on the battery (mine is in the trunk) and i still get the same results. each board has to have both blinkers, running lights, constant 12v power and a ground ran to each board, i tested all the wires where they plug into the boards and everything is correct (right blinker/left blinker flash when they are supposed to). Is it possible i got faulty boards from the manufacturer and the two inside boards are programmed incorrectly? i can only assume the boards have to be programmed to work properly seeing as you have to wire both turn signals and running light into each light/board and each board is label for a specific light in each housing. Here is a video to show all the lights working. i tried calling the mfg but I think they are closed for the holiday break.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 14, 01:57 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Wow do they actually make that much noise?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 14, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Joe Lickwala

Lol no that's the electric fuel pump.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 14, 02:44 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

I assume you have looked at this https://digi-tails.com/sites/default...oting_GM_5.pdf from here: https://digi-tails.com/1969-chevy-ca...-wled-reverse#

Double checked your wiring? Sounds like the insides are getting turn signal signal not just brake.

Last edited by 69-Pace; Dec 26th, 14 at 03:26 PM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 14, 03:20 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

I had a similiar problem but with the Marquez front blinkers. I had the digi-tail lights and they worked correctly. But the front blinkers acted wierd. When the left blinker was on the front left blinker would flash correctly but the right front blinker would blink very lightly. Both sides did the same thing.

I ended up putting a diode on each front blinker to stop the back feed. This fixed my problem.

Sorry I dont remember how the back lights worked. Check out this video.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

Last edited by 69-Pace; Dec 26th, 14 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Fixed video like so it would embed
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 15, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Joe Lickwala

Just wanted to update this post with the solution in case anyone in the future has any issues. I sent the boards back to the manufacturer and they found them to be programmed wrong, they reprogrammed and sent them back to me. The taillights work great now, thanks for everybody's help.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 15, 10:19 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Thanks for the resolution post to close the thread.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 15, 10:17 AM
Senior Tech
Shawn

Garage

Did you have any installation issues with the housings? I tried installing mine over the holidays but they did not site back very far into the housings. According to what the template shows me they are sitting forward about 1-2 inches from the mounting hole. Was there any trimming you needed to do to your housings? I did not see anything mentioned in the installation guide.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 15, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Joe Lickwala

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugger View Post
Did you have any installation issues with the housings? I tried installing mine over the holidays but they did not site back very far into the housings. According to what the template shows me they are sitting forward about 1-2 inches from the mounting hole. Was there any trimming you needed to do to your housings? I did not see anything mentioned in the installation guide.
The installation template did not line up on mine either, I assumed the housing just got a little warped from the heat of the bulbs over the years. I set mine in the housing, checked to make sure the lens still cleared and marked the holes with a white paint marker. They supplied rivets that were a joke so I used short bolts with lock washers instead, painted the outside of the housing and reassembled.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 15, 07:18 PM
Senior Tech
Shawn

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelickwala View Post
The installation template did not line up on mine either, I assumed the housing just got a little warped from the heat of the bulbs over the years. I set mine in the housing, checked to make sure the lens still cleared and marked the holes with a white paint marker. They supplied rivets that were a joke so I used short bolts with lock washers instead, painted the outside of the housing and reassembled.
I figured mine have been warped by heat over the years as well, although I just got a new set out housings and they shape may almost be the same, I may have to do some quick trimming to get them to fit right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
digi tail issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode