Turn Signal & High Beam Indicators Stay Illuminated - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 15, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Turn Signal & High Beam Indicators Stay Illuminated

Not sure whats going on here. All turn signals and high beam illuminate as they are supposed to from the outside; however, the indicators on the dash stay lit. This only happens when the lights are on. Also, the fuel gauge drops when the lights are on. Oh, and my speedo gauge lights are either off when the lights are on, or they are very dim but the heater control lights are on as well as my aftermarket gauges. From what I've read this seems to be a ground issue but electrical is not my strong point. I know nothing about what is behind the dash except a bunch of wires. If you have an idea of what the problem is, could you talk to me like a baby so I can try to figure it out. Thanks for your help.

Thomas

67 Base, Original 327, 4-Speed Saginaw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 15, 07:13 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage
Re: Turn Signal & High Beam Indicators Stay Illuminated

Thomas - this is a very common issue with 67 and 68 instrument clusters. Bad ground. The ground is the paperclip looking item secured to the frame with the screw at the top by the high beam indicator. Most folks run a real ground wire from the cluster shell tot he dash frame.

Do a search and you will find a ton of information as well as a sticky here in the electrical section. https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109694

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 15, 09:50 PM
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to Satatic
Re: Turn Signal & High Beam Indicators Stay Illuminated

If you dont ground the turn signal housing in the grill it will make the light in the dash illuminate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode