T56 connections - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 15, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jeff

T56 connections

Working on the GMPP wire harness for my LS/T56 swap. Want to include the wires for trans connections (RLO, VSS, Reverse lights) and have a couple questions.

I know it doesn't make any difference which way the reverse light switch is wired but not sure about VSS or RLO.

The VSS has 2 different colored wires from the GMPP ECU but the wrong connector for the T56. I found a VSS pigtail that fits but it has 2 white wires making me think it doesn't make any difference which way its hooked up.

The RLO pigtail has 2 different colored wires (white, green) but when I attach 12v and ground to it, it will work either way. Should it be one way or other? I am using a small battery charger to test it.

A couple pics: VSS, Reverse light, RLO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T56 elec, GMPP harness 014.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	119497   Click image for larger version

Name:	T56 elec, GMPP harness 012.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	119505   Click image for larger version

Name:	T56 elec, GMPP harness 010.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	119513  

And this too shall pass.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

69 X11 SS, Glacier Blue, LS3 480, T56 Mag, Lots of stuff done to it, all by yours truly
Build thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 15, 01:57 PM
Senior Tech
Rich

Re: T56 connections

Jeff I dont believe it matters on either the VSS puts out a square wave signal and the RLO is a soleneoid so its power and ground. I havent done this yet on my T56 swap but seems to make sense to me

69 R/S Z/28 302 X33 D80 late 09C
69 T/A clonification LS6-6speed under construction
15 ZL1
64 Chevelle wagon 6.0l planned sons toy
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 15, 02:05 PM
Dan

You might want this for your RLO......
http://www.accutach.com/t56-reverse-...s-lockout-unit

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 15, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman1969 View Post
Jeff I dont believe it matters on either the VSS puts out a square wave signal and the RLO is a soleneoid so its power and ground. I havent done this yet on my T56 swap but seems to make sense to me
Thats how it appears, just wanted to make sure. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLEGAL69 View Post
You might want this for your RLO......
http://www.accutach.com/t56-reverse-...s-lockout-unit
AFAIK, the GMPP ECU has the RLO function built in but no pin/wire installed. I installed the pin in the ECU connector that, according to my research and others on the forums, will allow the RLO to function as designed. We shall see. Thanks

And this too shall pass.

69 X11 SS, Glacier Blue, LS3 480, T56 Mag, Lots of stuff done to it, all by yours truly
Build thread:

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 15, 03:21 PM
John

Garage

Wires can go either way. With the pin installed it will trigger ground to complete the RLO circuit under 2 mph

BU is a switch so doesn't matter and the VSS can go either way as stated.

For tach signal you will need a step up resister.

Automater sells a kit that has the adapters for the oil press and water temp senders. It also comes with the resister for the tach signal.

2017 Corvette ZO6 with ZO7 Option
66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 15, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
Wires can go either way. With the pin installed it will trigger ground to complete the RLO circuit under 2 mph

BU is a switch so doesn't matter and the VSS can go either way as stated.

For tach signal you will need a step up resister.

Automater sells a kit that has the adapters for the oil press and water temp senders. It also comes with the resister for the tach signal.
OK good,

Probably gonna go with DD VHX and get everything right from the DLC and bulkhead connector wires. I went ahead and removed all the gauge wires from the bulkhead connector and routed them into the cabin along with the pedal, MIL and DLC wires. I think most if not all the necessary signals will be present on the GMLAN in the DLC but this way I will be covered for sure and have options. Can't see much need for gauge signals at the firewall where the bulkhead connector will be.

I am using the switched 12v pin in the bulkhead connector to power the RLO and ran that wire in the harness as well. Its fused in the GMPP load center.

And this too shall pass.

Build thread:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode