What wiring harness are you guys using... - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 15, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Shad

What wiring harness are you guys using...

I'm preparing to rewire the entire car. My old harness is so butchered, I'll probably get a complete kit. After a quick browse, I'm a amazed how many companies make these harnesses, which company are you guys using...

Anyway, I'll be doing some research, just curious who you guys are using...

My Mistress rebuild...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 15, 07:42 PM
Tech Team
Micheal

Re: What wiring harness are you guys using...

I bought the American Auto Wire Complete Update Kit 2 weeks ago. In Short it is a most excellent. This is the Part Number, do a Bing search on it. I got it for $100 off MSRP. Part Number 500661
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 15, 07:47 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Aaron

^^^^^That!

Very good instructions also. Laid out section by section. Just be sure to get/rent the proper crimping tool and you'll be good to go. I also used the Painless Powerbraid to wrap for a nice clean look. A little planning with the properly sized heat shrink and you can get very nice looking wire looms that you can get into easily in the future without cutting into the wrapping.

http://www.summitracing.com/int/sear...raid-wire-wrap

Aaron

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 15, 10:11 PM
Tech Team
Steve

Yep I can personally recommend going with AAW, not saying the others are garbage because I wouldn't know, but AAW was very easy to install with great instructions.

'68
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 15, 10:29 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

AAW makes two product lines. Factory Fit is there OEM reproduction line using classic GM connectors and glass fuses in the dash harness and fuse panels. The Classic Update series uses blade style fuses and changes the engine harness options to include wiring for HEI systems, electric choke and single wire or internally regulated alternators.

Several other people redistribute and resell AAW products and you can of course but direct. If you are going the classic update route calling them direct can get you exactly what you need custom for your vehicle.

The AAW harnesses are the most complete and easy to install I have ever used.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 15, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
Team Member
Shad

Thanks guys, American Autowire is what I've been looking at. Everyone seems to be pretty pleased with them.

I'll be running an LS style engine with a 4L80E. Now I just need to figure out what ECU I'll be using...

My Mistress rebuild...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode