Halogen and LED conversion headlights for an old school Camaro - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 15, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Mike

Halogen and LED conversion headlights for an old school Camaro

The light output of the modern headlights is much better than it used to be 50 years ago but it doesn't mean that it can't be used on the classic Chevy Camaro.

You can find a lot of cool headlight options for your model on our website. There is quite a wide choice of headlight styles from stock looking round headlights with halogen bulbs up to futuristic full LED headlights with color changing halo rings. New lights will not only improve the visibility but will also add a custom touch to the appearance of your car.

So no matter if you're restoring your Camaro to factory specifications or building a restomod project - you got to check them out: http://www.carid.com/chevy-camaro-headlights/

I've picked a couple of nice examples just to show you the types of conversion headlights.

# 1 IPCW® - 7" Round Chrome Projector Headlights

# 2 IPCW® - 7" Round Chrome Iron Cross Euro Headlight

# 3 Anzo® - 7" Round Chrome CCFL Halo Euro Headlight

# 4 RedLine LumTronix® - 7" Round Diamond Rat Rod Halo Headlights

# 5 Spyder® - 7" Round Black Projector Headlights Off-Road Use Only

# 6 Oracle Lighting® - 7" Round Black Full LED Color Halo Projector Headlights

Which ones would you choose for your Camaro?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chevy Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 15, 06:48 AM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Re: Halogen and LED conversion headlights for an old school Camaro

Cool, I am considering such an upgrade for my 69. Sure would be nice to see some pics of the lights installed.

And this too shall pass.

69 X11 SS, Glacier Blue, LS3 480, T56 Mag, Lots of stuff done to it, all by yours truly
Build thread:

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 15, 07:13 AM
Senior Tech
Dave

Thanks Mike that is one of the first product that you guys sell that I could and would use on my car. Could you repost this on the Team Nova. I think they would be interested over there as well. If they come in four inch diameter bulbs for a four head lamp system I think they would be interested over on Team Impala as well.

Big Dave

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 15, 03:56 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Some nice options....some are........................lets say, not to my liking

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 15, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
Mike

Oh yes, these 6 options are way different, so I am not surprised that some of the options are not that attractive. Tastes are different so I just wanted to show how wide your choices are. We have about 20+ headlight conversion options on our site, so if you want to check them all, just visit this page and search by your model year: http://www.carid.com/chevy-camaro-headlights/

Thanks for your recommendation Big Dave, I went over to Nova, Chevelle and Impala forums to post it

Here are some Camaro pictures:

Chevy Camaro

|
|
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 15, 03:29 AM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Yes, looked at the site

Seeing actual Camaro pics helps a lot too

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 15, 09:50 AM
Senior Tech
James

Quote:
# 4 RedLine LumTronix® - 7" Round Diamond Rat Rod Halo Headlights
Rat Rod headlights from a catalog. Probably made in China.

Reminds me of most car show now where there are several six figure rat rods on display. Kind of misses the original intent, don't you think?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 15, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Mike

The manufacturer of these lights is located in US, they basically modify standard replacement headlights and giving them rusted out rat look.
I agree that the idea to make it by yourself using parts from the junk yard, but sometimes it's pretty hard to find a part that you need.

Chevy Camaro

|
|
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 15, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Mike

All PM replied

We have lots of cool conversion headlights in stock, so in case you guys need a quote, just let me know which model are you interested in and don't forget to include your shipping zip code! I will be glad to calculate the total for you.

Chevy Camaro

|
|
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 18, 11:23 AM
Senior Tech
TJ

Garage

Do you have any of the halo lights that would not require a large wiring upgrade and also look fairly stock or European ?

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 18, 01:56 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Garage

You should list which ones work with the RS hide-away headlights without any problems. A good reflector housing with what is it... a G8 Bulb? Thats plenty better than old sealed beams.

'69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, 030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed, Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition
CompCams XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads, PYPES Full 3" SS Exhaust, Hooker Comp Headers, Wilwood Calipers/MC
JGC Steering Box, Helix Uppers/Lowers, ProForged BJs, SpeedHut Gauges, MOMO Steering Wheel, Budnik 17" Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode