fuse box &motor wires an head lights - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old May 12th, 04, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Question

hey guys . i recently bought a 69 camaro with ac for restore . the guy i bought it from didn't have any of the wiring from the firewall forward , just wanted to know where would be the best an least exspensive place to get the fuse box an all the motor wires an head light wires ? any imput would be great . thanks rob [img]graemlins/clonk.gif[/img]

live now look forward to tomarrow an enjoy life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old May 12th, 04, 01:59 AM
Guess

Our sponser Ground Up Restorations www.ss396.com carries them, as do most other aftermarket companies. You have to specify a few details to them to get the correct harness for your application.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old May 12th, 04, 02:06 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

The cheapest place is from Painless Wiring. http://www.painlesswiring.com Expect to have to do alot of modifications as these systems are kind of generic. You can get 10 to 18 circuit systems.

If you want an original harness you can get them from any of the camaro restoration houses.(You can also get the painless wiring harness from most of them as well). Most of these places sell M&H harnesses. http://www.wiringharness.com/ These are probably double the price of the painless systems but they are identical to your original wiring harnesses and literally plug into the rest of your harnesses in the car.

If your good at wiring you can go the painless route, but if not get the original style harness from M&H.

Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old May 12th, 04, 05:05 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

hyw joe i have another 69 camaro that is a v8 car like the one i bought it's a non ac car that has the fuse box an wiring up front will this work or are the totally two differnt animals ? thanks rob

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old May 12th, 04, 09:50 AM
Guess

I doubt it.... I'm sure the A/C car will need extra wiring for the A/C equipment, where the non-A/C harness will not. I'm sure they're two different beasts. If you order from one of the aftermarket joints, CALL them first to make sure you get an engine harness for a '69 A/C car.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old May 12th, 04, 02:01 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

The A/C harness is an additional harness added to the regular under dash wiring harness. It pokes through a 1 1/2" hole in the firewall and connects to the blower motor relay and blower motor resistors. There is one a couple of other wires that connect to the compressor and a direct power feed with a 25 amp fuse that connects to the horn realy that powers the blower motor in high speed. All fuse boxes (ie there is only one) are the same in 69 Camaros no matter what options were added. Fuse box itself might be the same from 67 to 69, but they are definately the same within the same year.

Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old May 13th, 04, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

hey mark , so what you are saying is that my other 69 camaro has the same standard fuse box other than the ac harrness ? .if so this will save me a bunch!! i'm sure i could of figured it out by reading the many books on this car i have , but it is so much easier to ask pro's like yourself in this awesome site.this is my first restore of a first gen camaro an this web site has been a great help thanks rob

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old May 13th, 04, 02:08 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

Yes, the fuse panel is the same. GM cut the brown wire that went to the Non A/C heater control panel in the dash and spliced in the new A/C harness at that point. The instructions are detailed in the AIM under RPO U17 Page A2 and also shown (if you know what to look for) under RPO C60 Page E4, and E9.

Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode