Tic toc tach switch - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 00, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Question

Hi, My 68 Camaro has the standard speedo/fuel gauge and I am going to purchase a speedo/TTT in the next month or so. What I had a question about is: Will I have to switch my existing underdash harness or will it plug right in to the back of the new cluster and work (with hooking up the right wire to the negative terminal on the coil of course)? Anyone who did this conversion, your expertise would be greatly appreciated!
thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 00, 09:30 AM
Tech Team

Hey, I just did this about 3mths ago. The cluster has a different circuit board. Other things are a different console harness. I would get a good catalog from one of the vendors and it will list the harnesses available. They make a conversion harness but I have heard a few horror stories about them. When I did mine, I replaced all the wiring. The dash harness is pretty easy with the cluster out. They are pricy but save a lot of headache in the long run. Also, If you can get a hold of a whole cluster, there is a low fuel lens in the "alt" spot on the speedo. The module that controls the low fuel light mounts in the center console. Another bit of info, there are 3 tic-toch tachs with varying redlines. The 327 has a 5k redline. If you find a tach with a inop clock, You can get it rebuilt for about 90.00 at D+M restoration in Greenville SC. I know I'm ramblin here but little blurbs keep comin to mind. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions. This "simple" conversion can be quite a pain in the butt to do the right way

------------------
Dan in WV
Just when you think your car is DONE......
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 00, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Thank you very much for the info! Ok, I'll throw you a curveball on this one: I want to do all of this, but, I have an MSD box that I want to definantly keep on my car, and it has a tach terminal, and my question is this: Can you incorporate it in the Tic toc tach someway that I don't have to change the factory harness? If I have to change the harness, I will, but can I still run the tach terminal wire to the right place in the harness so that it will work??

Again, I appreciate any help...........

Jeff Myers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode