67 headlight switch - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old May 24th, 00, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

I recently purchased a new switch and discovered that when turning on the park lamps I lose the dash lights.I have been through every inch of wiring and cannot
detect any problems.The lamps all work in the full on position includeing the dash lamps.I am bafft.lol can any one help?
p.s I have tried 3 switches and the switch is fine.

heavychevy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 25th, 00, 08:25 AM
Senior Tech
David

sounds to me like you have a ground problem. check the ground wire for the instruement cluster carrier. the carrier is plastic, so there is a wire that runs from the cluster assy to the center screw on the top of the carrier. you heve to pull the carrier out to see it. my 67 rs used to have wierd dash light problems only when the headlights were on or parking lights. i found it was not getting a good ground to the metal dash assy. i ran a ground wire from the cluster to the dash, no more problems. the factory ground i was talking about is not a regular electrical wire. it is a stiff solid wire. good luck

------------------
67 RS
355, SUPER T10 4 SPD
9" FORD
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 26th, 00, 03:53 PM
Senior Tech

I assume that you have dash lights when the switch is pulled all the way out for the head lights?
No? - turn the knob clockwise
Yes? - Some times when you plug the harness onto the switch you miss one of the pins , take a close look at at all of the pins to make sure they are connecting to a wire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode