Dead to the world!!!! - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 04, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down

Hello, any help would be great!! I was on my way back home and my cars gauges started to jump up and down a few times, and my alt. gauge went below the center line into the red, and back up above the red, but under the center line, and when I would get on it, it would dropinto the red?? Thinking it might be the alt, I made it into the garage and shut it off. Everything was charged and worked fine like the lights, and door bell. So I go to start it, and it fires right up, and dies right away, just like shutting the key off, that fast. I tried a few more times, and it would start and run like it was on 4 cylinders, and then come out of it by its self, and run perfect, and all the gauges were fine, and I shut it off. Went to start it again, and now nothing at all, the dummy lights won't even come on, and not even a click when you turn it over. Like what happens while the alarm is going off and you try to start it, and the lights work outside and inside and the door bell, but nothing in the gauge cluster at all, I unplugged the ground wire over night, and still nothing the next day.

Sorry so long, but I wanted to explain it well, so there weren't alot of questions. Thanks ahead of time for your help!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 04, 09:05 AM
Senior Tech
Scott

Have you checked the battery and starter connections? Checked your fuse box also? I'm assuming by your user name that this is a '94 Z28 ?! Could be a ground problem, could be the ecu is fried, could be a fusible link...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode