Was it Sony or Slyvania (best halogen) - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 04, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Question

I remember a while back someone was talking about a real good replacement light for single light systems but I cant find it in the archives. I'm pulling the halogens out of the front of my car and I want to replace them with a real good bright light setup.
Thanks,
Mike

69 RS/SS vert tourer, LS7, T56, Baer, Hydrooost, GW, etc, etc,
Welfare is completely against freedom and the principles of american life, paying people not to work by stealing from the people who do is insanity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 04, 04:08 AM
Retired
Jim

Mike not sure this is it, but several of us are ordering this wiring setup for 'brighter' standard lights. Give it some thought. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Better voltage to your headlights

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 04, 04:10 AM
Senior Tech

Sylvania H6024XV - XtraVision Halogen Upgrade - Three times brighter & twice the life of standard

Sylvania H6024ST - Silverstar High Performance Halogen Upgrade - Whitest, Brightest, 100% Street Legal

Both are great swap in upgrades, I run the H6024XV and love them, very bright. But I also use two MAD Electric Headlamp Relay kits for Low/High beams so my headlamps get there power directly off my driver side MAD Power Post instead of feeding back thru the firewall to the old fuse panel. This helps keep the load off the main fuse panel so my interior/dash lights don't dim slightly when turning on the headlamps.

1969 Camaro - GM 2003 Electron Blue
Beck Racing 383 cu in 465HP Engine - Sean Murphy Inductions Stage 2 Quadrajet
TCI Streetfighter 350 - 3.73:1 Posi 10 Bolt Rear - 12.6 sec qtr mile

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 04, 02:06 PM
Senior Tech
Don

Angry

Sylvania H6024CB - Cool Blue lights on my 68. I really like them. No idea why they are called cool blue, the light has no blue tint to it at all. According to the box they pull 65/55 watts.
They definitely took the scaries out of driving after dark. [img]graemlins/hurray.gif[/img]

Donald
68 Camaro convertible (resto on hold)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 04, 03:21 PM
Senior Tech
Zach

switched to the sylvanias like brian, really nice, you can actually see at night

69 Camaro - LeMans blue w/ black vinyl top - 350/TH350
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 04, 04:36 PM
Senior Tech

Here are two Mad Electric RELAY kits and a Mad Electric Power Post mounted on my 69 Camaro.
I did this before I installed the higher wattage Sylvania headlights just because its the smart thing to do. Keeps the stress off the stock 12 gauge wire that runs to the stock fuse box, creates a short path for the headlamps to pull power directly off the powerpost (which gets its feed via a nice 8 gauge Phoenix Gold power cable with 60 amp fuse to the battery). Prevents any dash/courtesy light dimming when headlamps are turned on. If you don't mind tweaking the electrical system this really helps out!!

1969 Camaro - GM 2003 Electron Blue
Beck Racing 383 cu in 465HP Engine - Sean Murphy Inductions Stage 2 Quadrajet
TCI Streetfighter 350 - 3.73:1 Posi 10 Bolt Rear - 12.6 sec qtr mile

and
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 04, 03:03 AM
Senior Tech

I also have my headlights on relays. It was one of the best upgrades I have done to my car in the 13 years I have owned it. All and any headlights will be brighter with this upgrade. I didn't buy a kit, I just purchased the parts at a local auto supply and for $15, could't be happier.
I have also heard of people melting the stock headlight wiring harness by switiching to a headlamp bulb that drew more power then the harness could handle. Its a very good idea to put better larger ground wires on the headlamp sockets as well to handle the extra current draw. Just my .02 worth!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 04, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Thanks I have the relays and power post. Ive done away with the external regultor and got a heavier charging system wiring harness. I'm going with the Silvestar I would like the most amount of light legally possible.
Mike

69 RS/SS vert tourer, LS7, T56, Baer, Hydrooost, GW, etc, etc,
Welfare is completely against freedom and the principles of american life, paying people not to work by stealing from the people who do is insanity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode