orange wire? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 03, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Nick

Hello Guys! I got a 67 RS/SS350 with air and I'm redoing the engine harness.I got the old harness out from the fire wall plug and I'm replacing one wire at the time.There are three plugs for the wipers:a plug for the oil/p/s one for the temp, a purple #10 wire for the solonoid, and a yelow from the solonoid to the coil, and the resistor wire for the coil.There is also a orange wire going towards the starter motor but stops short about 16"from it.Can somone tell me where this orange wire goes? Thanks. Mr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 03, 02:20 PM
Senior Tech

The blower motor for the heater maybe.

------------------
jamie
our cars
"Have you ever notice anybody slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 03, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Nick

No the htr motor and air/cond, harness comes out on the right side of the car.Before I took the harness apart the orange wire wasn't even sticking out of the harness.It looked like it was burn at the end of the wire,and the ele,tape wasn't broken.There is another wire coming from the horn relay a #10blk wire that goes in to a inline fuse and then to the relay of the htr motor. Mr

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 03, 04:38 PM
Kevin

On 69s (maybe 67s are the same), the orange wire for the heater was part of the engine harness and could not be removed. If you ordered A/C, the new fan (orange) wire was part of the A/C harness. So the factory just bundled the regular fan wire up with tape on part of the A/C harness. There is a clear pic of the procedure in the 69 C60 section of the Assembly man.

Kevin
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 03, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Nick

Hi Kevin! maybe the 69s are the same as the 67s. my assembly man. for the 67 is not showing the wire.The wire is not bundled up. It's burnt at the end and to short to go anywere.It ends at the top tranny bolt where there is a bracket holding the harness going to the starter mtr.The #10blk wire changes to orange after the inline fuse so maybe that's where the other orange wire went if the car didn't have the a/c. Mr
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 03, 02:56 AM
AAW

Kevin is correct, all (never say all!) 67-68 Camaros had the orange heater blower wire. On an A/C car, the wire was either taped back, or cut off at the edge of the harness. If you have an untouched original harness, you will notice this. (also note, an original harness does not use sticky vinyl tape). The other end of this orange wire, at the firewall bulkhead, will lay dead since there is not a mating wire on the dash side on an original A/C car.
Hope this info helps!
Factory-Fit wiring
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 03, 05:01 AM
Kevin

MRCOOL_RSSS350, glad to help, I love mysterys.

Camarocopo, Factory-Fit tech huh? Are you down near Cherry Hill NJ? That's about an hour from me. Do you guys have counter service? I need some 69 power windows harnesses. I always thought that if any layoffs hit me, I would find a local company (like yours) that did Automotive work ( especially for 69 Camaros )

Kevin
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 03, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Nick

Camarocopo and Kevinw tnx for the info,I got my harness all together now.The orange wire is there but not showing!I have another problem with my limit swiches at the rad suport and H/L brackets.I took the car apart in Nov,and didn't make any notes thinking the car will be back from the body shop in a week or two HA!!got the car back last week, thats ok because the car looks great!anyway I forgot which wire goes where? any help on that will be great.Tnx in advance. Mr
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 03, 09:48 PM
Tech Team

on 69's there are two oreang wire that come out of the heater one for the controll and the other from the blower
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 06, 07:40 AM
john

Re: orange wire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCOOL_RSSS350
Hi Kevin! maybe the 69s are the same as the 67s. my assembly man. for the 67 is not showing the wire.The wire is not bundled up. It's burnt at the end and to short to go anywere.It ends at the top tranny bolt where there is a bracket holding the harness going to the starter mtr.The #10blk wire changes to orange after the inline fuse so maybe that's where the other orange wire went if the car didn't have the a/c. Mr
does anyone know how rare or the production of a 67 rs/ss 4
speed? this car is for sale but i have no idea what i have!
Welcome! You have entered
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 06, 09:22 AM
Retired
Jim

John, Welcome to Team Camaro, you should start a new thread of your own for a question that is not related to the current thread.
Your question is best asked in the Bench section. It will just get lost here in someone elses thread.

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 06, 11:21 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Garage

Hey Nick did you buy a Mustang wiring manual by mistake? Maybe thats your problem!

Call me sometime!

Steve
The best laid plans are those not made (mine)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 06, 11:45 AM
Senior Tech
jerry

For your limit switch wiring and trouble shooting look here
http://www.retro-electro.net/FAQ.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode