Blinker Troubles - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 02, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

I have a 67 RS/SS and the right directionals fail to blink on and off however they do light up. The left blinkers work fine and when the hazard button is set all four lights work and blink as they are supposed to. I have checked and replaced the bulbs on the right side. I have replaced the flasher under the dash near the steering column. What else might be wrong? Grounding issue? If so how can I verify? Are there 2 flashers - one for each side? Please don't tell me I have to take apart my steering column and replace the blinker switch. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 02, 04:09 PM
Banned

hello i have a 67 coupe 327 bla.bla bla, anyways this same problem happened to me last week, it is definetly a ground.

1.) remember there should be a single ground black wire attached to your front turn signal round light also, after the bulb is installed and the rubber piece snugged on then connect your black wire to a good ground, and i do mean good, otherwise it will work once in a while if not at all, good luck, you nailed it on the head with the ground!!!!!!!!!! grab a parts catalog there is 3 wires that make your front round turn signals work, a ground and 2 other wires that are part of your harness,,,PLEASE DONT TRIP!! NO THERE IS ONLY 1 FLASHER IF YOUR HAZARDS LIGHTS WORK AND ALL THAT IT AINT IN THE COLUMN ITS UP FRONT OR THE REAR 99.9 PERCENT ITS ALWAYS THAT GROUND WIRE THAT JUST HANGS THERE AND IS OVERLOOKED GOD BLESS!!!!!!GET A GOOD GROUND IT MAY NOT WORK INSTANTLY A GOOD GROUND SHOULD GIVE YOU A BRIGHT LIGHT, TURN OFF AND ALL YOUR BLINKERS ONCE IT FEELS THE SURGE IT WILL WORK!!!!!

[This message has been edited by knightmoose2000 (edited 08-31-2002).]

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 02, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback. You were absolutely right it was a ground problem. It was the ground on socket of the right rear blinker. After some technical jiggling with the light socket against the taillight housing it started to work again.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 02, 03:15 PM
Banned

you can pick up a new tail lite socket at pep boys for about 3-4 bucks, i only go there for some parts SERVICE SUCKS BIG TIME,
and i try auto zone, i only order from catalogs if its absolutely necessary fire wheel classics is usally cheeper than classic camaro or year one, which is really high..:d
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode