Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Temple City, Ca
I don't have any great ideas and won't be around much today.
However, it sounds like your problem is inside the car and not under the hood. I might be wrong but this is what I think I am reading. That one wire you left connected, in the bulkhead connector, is still tied to the battery. It sounds like that is the main 12 volt feed line for the car's interior. When you plug the bulkhead connector back in, some interior items like the cigarette lighter or radio should work.
If I am seeing things right, start pulling fuses and see which interior circuit is affected. Glove box light has been known to be a problem sometimes.