Factory Fit Wiring - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 04, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Lee

Anyone used Factory Fit Wiring sold by Ricks? What did you think of the quality and ease of installation? I need wiring for the whole car, so.. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 04, 05:23 PM
Senior Tech
Don

M&H Electrical www.wiringharness.com or Factory Fit www.factoryfit.com

Either one is a direct replacement. Just unplug the old and plug in the new. The only problem I have had with a Factory Fit harness is that one of the snap in assemblies for the tail lights was a very loose fit. It would work great until you hit a bump and then it would lose its ground. Not sure if it was their fault or something abnormal about my car... after 36 years you never can tell.

Donald
68 Camaro convertible (resto on hold)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 04, 06:57 AM
Senior Tech
Jim

The shop I "hang" with used Factory Fit/Autowire on a 62 biscayne done recently. What we used was an 18 circuit setup, not specific to any car. The 62 was a complete custom job anyway. We liked the fuse box and the whole "command center" system. Relays, connections, markings, everything in one spot and it was top notch. The install was easy and it looks very nice as well as performs well. We liked it more than the Painless system we have used in the past. Nothing wrong with Painless, but when starting from scratch, this was nicer.

Daddy's Hot Rod.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 04, 07:30 AM

I replaced all my of wiring with Factory Fit wiring - worked great! As MytMini says - unplug the old and plug in the new as you go.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 04, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Lee

All, thanks for the response. I will try them out and let you all know how it goes.

One other question, does anyone know if their engine harness allows you to hook up an HEI, other type of electronic ignition (I am thinking Petronix to avoid any firewall clearance issues) with out cutting it up.

My 70 SS Chevelle had resistor (right term?) in it that did not like HEI and I understand Camaros of this vintage have the same thing so I am wondering what folks have done to aleviate this issue.

Thanks
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 22nd, 04, 02:14 PM
Senior Tech
Don

Angry

I ordered my front wiring harnesses from M&H already modified for a CS130 alternator, HEI ignition, and electronic choke.

Just give them a call and I'm sure they can help you out. [img]graemlins/waving.gif[/img]

Donald
68 Camaro convertible (resto on hold)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 04, 07:07 AM

Factory Fit will also modify the front wiring harness for you. I had mine set up for HEI. Like MytMini says - give either dealer a call and tell them what you need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode