Battery mount...help needed - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 03, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Bob

Does anyone have any pics that they can post or email that shows the location and way that you mounted your battery in the trunk? I have everything I need but I need some ideas on where and how to mount.

Thanks

Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 03, 06:36 PM
Senior Tech

Bob,

I just mounted mine in my 69 Convert, I used the DSE billet mount, I will get a pic posted.

J.T.

------------------
1969 "Touring" Pace Car, Full Hotchkis Suspension, Bilstein Shocks, AGR Steering, 352CI Dynoed 470hp/430Tq - Winston Cup Airbox, 18X9-18X8 Centerline Lazers, Baer Track Brakes w\Eradispeed Rotors. Still "Under Construction"
1969 Touring Pace Car
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 03, 07:48 PM
BTC
Senior Tech

I took a stock battery base and bolted the front edge to the trunk floor behind the right wheel well. On the rear edge of the battery base I used one bolt centered to bolt to the trunk floor. This bolt has an additional nut to allow me to raise the rear of the base off the trunk floor to make it level. I used the stock hold down clamp.

------------------
68/Z28,35O LT1
RICHMOND 5 SP,

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 03, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Bob

Thanks guys!! Pix would be great if possible.

Bob
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 03, 02:21 AM

I don't have pics, but made my own battery box and then made a frame out of angle iron the exact size of the battery. Then welded tabs onto this frame and bolted down through the box into the trunk floor. I also welded some ready rod on each side of the frame and used a flat bar across the top of the battery to keep it in place.

Mounted the box sideways (battery sitting the same as when on the rad support) in the right hand corner. It sticks out into the trunk a little but I had to do this to allow room for my power antenna in that corner. If the antenna hole was further back (where it's supposed to be), it wouldn't have worked.

Sorry no pics
Robb
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 03, 05:45 AM
Senior Tech
John

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 03, 08:07 AM
Senior Tech

69 Vert,

I sent you mail, but I thought others may be interested in seeing the battery mounted in a convertible....so here it is.

Special thanks to Scott (69 ProTouring) for posting these for me!!!

The wires under the heater box are just trial fit, they will eventually be secured and covered with split tube....

------------------
1969 "Touring" Pace Car, Full Hotchkis Suspension, Bilstein Shocks, AGR Steering, 352CI Dynoed 470hp/430Tq - Winston Cup Airbox, 18X9-18X8 Centerline Lazers, Baer Track Brakes w\Eradispeed Rotors. Debuting at Detroit Autorama 2003
1969 Touring Pace Car

[This message has been edited by CrossRamZ11 (edited 01-24-2003).]

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 03, 10:16 AM

No problem!!

------------------
Updated Pics of my 69
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 03, 12:55 PM
Senior Tech

crossram,

i love the way you are mounting and routing everything, but I just have to ask- how easy are all the ignition pieces to get to once everything is together, and won't there be a bit of heat up under the dash?
someday, I hope the paint on the outside of my car is as nice as the parts of your car that no one will ever see.. looks liek a sweet ride you got going together there.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16X8" IROC wheels. 12" Corvette brakes on the way.
see dirty pics here of a car that gets driven http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 03, 08:26 AM
Senior Tech

Hi Nova,

Actually, the ignition pieces are simple to get to, and I have plenty of access to get in and swap the rev chip in the MSD. As far as heat goes, the ignition and coil don't generate hardly any heat at all, and if anything, they are better off in there than being subjected to extreme underhood temperatures, plus any heat is vented out throught the original center dash speaker grill. The only thing necessary is shielded wires for the coil and other components running under there to eliminate any radio interference. (I don't have them as the receiver is going to be under the rear seat...and hidden). Thanks for the props on the paint!

------------------
1969 "Touring" Pace Car, Full Hotchkis Suspension, Bilstein Shocks, AGR Steering, 352CI Dynoed 470hp/430Tq - Winston Cup Airbox, 18X9-18X8 Centerline Lazers, Baer Track Brakes w\Eradispeed Rotors. Debuting at Detroit Autorama 2003
1969 Touring Pace Car

[This message has been edited by CrossRamZ11 (edited 01-26-2003).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode