in the 3 months i've had the car, on 2 seperate occasions the alternator would just stop charging and i'd barely make it home before the car totally died.
then, i'd let it sit over night, and it would work fine again.
well, last sat night, it did it, and when i got home i started poking around with the test meter. it was down to 8.5 volts, and the alt was doing nothing. ok, easy fix i thought. threw in a different alt, no dice. converted it to a 100 amp CS130 alt i had laying around- nothing. the wire that activates the voltage regulator was dead. checked all the wiring for continuity- all zero ohms, checked the bulb in the dash- and it was, of course, good. unplugged the harness at the firewall- no corrosion of free play there, either.
all grounds are good, tried 3 different batteries, all positive connections are clean and dry.
that was saturday night- on sunday, it worked great, and i drove it to work monday-15 miles away- only to have the car almost die pulling into the parking lot with a dead battery again. 12 hours later, when i got off work, it started right up and all the lights were bright and it ran great all the way home.
so what am i not seeing here? ignition switch? everything else on the car works good, but i am paranoid about driving it anywhere. i hate problems that don't allow me to fix them..
you don't plan sincerity.
you have to make it up on the spot.
wanna hear about 20 years ago when i was too smart to know any better?