Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
One thing about 38 year old wiring is that bad connections develop due to corrosion. Chances are, when you pulled a load high enough to blow the fuse, you also caused another bad connection somewhere in the electrical system to heat up. Now that the fuse is replaced, the other bad connection is still there - and worse than before. So I wouldn't worry that you messed something up. It's probably another gremlin somewhere that you would have found eventually anyway. Get a schematic for the car and a volt meter. Find out where you're losing voltage and trace the circuit from the load back to the battery. I'd especially focus on the light switch or ignition switch circuits.
68 Coupe, 350 w/ Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, cam, intake, 700R4, Dave's small body HEI