Headlight Upgrade-Interest In Group Purchase? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 04, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Bret

Angry

Al DjD. I hope this is ok!

I can get these locally for approx $170 for one car.
Kit

It takes two "kits" for one car

But the more I order, the lower the price. I don't know that it will be aa large decrease-but I'm willing to check into it if there is enough interest.

Bret Copsey
'68 Camaro base coupe
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'51 Chevy 3/4ton
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 04, 05:53 PM
Senior Tech

i can't see why one would need anything brighter than the halogens yo ucan get at Wal-Mart for $8 a piece.

you don't plan sincerity.
you have to make it up on the spot.

wanna hear about 20 years ago when i was too smart to know any better?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 04, 01:41 AM

Bret, Cool site. Have you seen this light work at night? If it throws light like the new cars and trucks, it would be a great safty feature. My wifes Honda (sorry) and my Silverado throw a light beam that is amazing.

I have the $8.00 halgeons from Wal Mart and they suck compaired to the new technolgy in lighting.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 04, 11:00 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
"Tri-Tip"

Is this a direct plug in for 1st gens?

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." ..... George Washington

Gary,TC Member with a Lemans Blue/Ivory 02D X33, DZ, M20, MS, flat hood. Only the BU code rear end is original.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 04, 05:21 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Bret

This should be a direct plug in for first gens. the "adapter plug" has prongs on the end just like the back of a standard light bulb.

I have not seen these in person, either in a box or in use. But the points that have me sold on them are the polycarbonate capsule is much more shatter resistant than glass. You only have to aim the capsule once, and the late model style bulb would be much easier to change. The reflective design should give a better pattern even if not "brighter" than a standard halogen replacement. These are not HID replacements-so a wiring upgrade should not be necesary, unless you chose to go the route of the "brighter headlights" post below. They should just plug and go!

These lights are similar, if not identical to the DSE kits DSE Bright Driver -and are also about the same price. I just know that I've gotten price breaks on other parts from this supplier depending upon the quantity ordered. I'll buy a set even if nobody else wants in.

[ 03-15-2004, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: bretcopsey ]

Bret Copsey
'68 Camaro base coupe

'51 Chevy 3/4ton
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 04, 08:10 AM
Senior Tech

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I'm interested if we can get a discount. Let me know.

Steve W
1968 Camaro Convertible
1966 GTO Convertible
1995 Harley Road King
"You can't always get what you waaant..."

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 04, 03:50 PM
David Pozzi

looks pretty cool! Let me consult the wife, I may want enough to do two cars.
There is a DSE group purchase deal in the works HERE: http://pub186.ezboard.com/fprotourin...cID=3233.topic
David

Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:

67 RS 327 original owner. 1965 Lola T-70
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 04, 05:37 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Bret

Angry

Well, to get a discount there is a minimum order requirement of 10 kits-5 cars. Then the price is $70.89/kit, plus the tax I'll have to pay and then shipping to all of you....

Might be better off to go with the DSE kit, because to get a greater discount requires an order of 100 kits !!

Bret Copsey
'68 Camaro base coupe

'51 Chevy 3/4ton
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 04, 02:41 PM
CB
Tech Team

Anybody know if they'll fit a '69 firebird, or if they offer a kit? Might be interested here as well, thanks!

1999 GMC Sierra Z71, recently 'detailed'<br /><br />1969 Pontiac Firebird, 350, 3 spd auto, stock<br />Decided to start fixing her up<br /><br />2004 Firecat F6 EFI Sno-Pro
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 04, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Bret

If the Firebird uses 7" lights, then they should work. I think you may need 5" lights though, and I don't recall seeing those available.

**Edit**
I did a search and found these-not exactly the same though.

Quad Lamp

[ 03-17-2004, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: bretcopsey ]

Bret Copsey
'68 Camaro base coupe

'51 Chevy 3/4ton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode