Team Camaro Tech banner

Can you pinpoint my weak current spot?

708 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dnult 
#1 ·
My camaro apparently has very little amperage running through it. Can you tell me what's weak in my system? here are some common things that have happened to me.

My left signal blinks noticeably faster than my right.

If i run with headlights on, my car will die when I come to a stoplight

My car will start fine after a couple days of sitting, but if I start it more than once a day, each time it comes progressivly harder to start, until it wont start, and you just hear the "clickty clicks" when I try to turn it over.

I often have to clean my battery posts

Never blown a fuse

When my turn signals are on, at every blink, my tach drops about 100 rpm, then jumps back up (Hehe ghetto I know)

I hope this helps, can anyone identify my problem?

------------------
My Car Club
www.geocities.com/capitolstrokers
(Pics of my car will be up soon, but I am the site maker, and I am just learning this stuff so have patience. :))

See less See more
#3 ·
I'll give an example of how to troubleshoot a ground problem, but the same technique can be applied to power circuits.

Use a volt meter to search for voltage drops in the circuit. For example, start by measuring the voltage drop between the battery post and clamp. Then measure from the clamp to the grounding point on the engine. Measure from engine to frame, frame to chassis and so on. If you ever find a point were the voltage drop seems high (say 1 or more volts for example) figure out why. Look for bad connectors, bonding straps, loose bolts, etc.

-dnult

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.