console gauge conversion - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 04, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

I have a 67 w/sensor lights and have purchased a console gauge cluster, I have been searching for weeks for an inexpensive way to make the changes. On one hand all of the harnes dealers recomend $ 650.00+ in harness but they do not give instructions, on the other I do not want to fry-up $540.00 worth of gauges I have. I am extremly good at wiring if someone could just tell me how to tell which prong ultimatly goes where.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 04, 04:58 AM
Senior Tech

I keep the diagrams and directions on an accessible page in case I need them.
You might want to download the pdf file, it has a lot of good information in it.
My reference page
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 04, 04:59 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Welcome to TC! This conversion is popular, and the info is here. Click on Geezer's "reference page" link in this post for the wiring diagrams. https://www.camaros.net/forum/ultimat...c/10/3405.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 04, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

Dear Geezer

I cannot open past the original reference page! I keep getting Guadalupe Valley Telecommunications Cooperative advertizement. Please help.

And thank you for the "Welcome" it is this kind of comraderie that started me on this hobbie in the first place
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 04, 05:21 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Second time this week, Geez.... I wonder whats happening, I have no trouble getting there...
Try this: http://www.gvtc.com/~rlaa/

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 04, 05:25 AM
Guess

Hmmmm.... I'm not having a problem with his page or any of the links on it.
Some of the links force you to download (or open) a file in Rich Text Format (.rtf) which almost any word processing program will open. And a couple are in Adobe PDF format, so you'll need Adobe Reader installed. And a few are Zipped so you'll need WinZIP to extract them.

Other than that, they're just links to scanned pictures of the wiring diagrams.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 04, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

Sorry still no good I get error 404 page not found I am using msn internet Explorer could that be the problem?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 04, 05:37 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

http://www.gvtc.com/~rlaa/Electrical/ConnectP1.rtf”
Try this... if it works, I'll put the other 2 in.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 04, 05:37 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

oh, I'm using ie6....

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 04, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

Do you have a static ip address that I could search for?
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 04, 05:45 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

Theres an odd character at the end of the above link. Looks like a " above but when you go to the URL it shows up as a rectangular box. Delete the last character in the link and it works fine.

Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 04, 05:51 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

I gotta hit the road, guys, work and all that... If ken can get in using that link minus the funny character, can someone put up pg's 2 & 3 of the console guage conversion instructions for him?

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 04, 05:56 AM
Senior Tech

I donít know what the problem could be. I canít access it here from work, I probably spent too much time on it and the IS department blocked me from accessing it a few months ago. Iím using IE 5 or 6, I think at home and have no problems with it.. Iím not sure what the static IP address would be and I canít check from here.
Also my isp has been going down frequently the last two months. The little backwoods telco didnít expect the growth in the area and the bandwidth requiredÖ
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 04, 06:12 AM Thread Starter

Hey guys I went to one of the other computers that I have an dit linked no problem I think that this computer station could stand for some attention. I will review those and get back to you sorry for all the problems.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 04, 06:29 AM
Senior Tech

No prob!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode