AutoMeter Gauge Pod - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 04, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Question

Hey everyone. Just curious. I installed a AutoMeter Gauge Pod in the console of my 69. Is it just me or are the rear gauges too far back to be easily viewed? I've not put the seats in yet but suppect that will raise my point of view further and make it even more difficult. Hmm...JCC1969
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 04, 05:18 PM
Senior Tech
Don

Will these Angle rings help?

Don ~ TC Member #15 ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't mess with Texas!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 04, 01:24 PM
Tech Team

Your right! I installed a pod last year, and I ended up putting a clockin the back, left hole, and a volt meter in the back right. I have to bend to see the clock, (not very often!) and the voltmeter seems kind of far back too.
Not too sure if the angle rings would work or not?? It seems to be a distance problem, not an angle problem.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 04, 12:24 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bruno

Wait 'til you instal the front seats, mines are a little far, but I can see them fairly well. JMO

"Our affair with Camaros is a life sentence without the possibility of parole".
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 04, 10:40 AM
Senior Tech

Angry

The angle rings will NOT help and do not fit this application.

I helped develop these pods for Autometer a few years back (four to be exact) receiving the first one off the mold so to speak. I fed back what I thought of the product and gave them a thumbs up with my anecdotal experience.

First, I am 6'2" and could NOT see the back of my stock gauges anywho from my seating position, so these were no worse or better.

I would put the Temperature and Oil pressure up front. The voltage is really innert because if you have a problem it's not going to waste your engine.... and fuel can take a back seat as well whereas if you are prudent it's not a biggy either. So, I think the two critical "watches" are oil pressure and temperature.

Clock?....we don't need no stinking clock? That's what wrist watches were invented for....

Steve "Jack'stands" Jack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 04, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Hmm, I still didn't look to see once I bolted the seats down. Too big of a hurry to bolt parts on the car. I aggree with the oil and temp. being placed up front. I stuck the volt and trans. temp in the back. I'll let you know if I can see them. Still better than idiot lights. Thanks for the feedback...JCC1969
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 04, 06:22 AM
Senior Tech
Dave

Orench,

The leather wrap on your steering wheel looks great! Where did you get that done? About how much did it cost? That could be the perfect answer to my steering wheel condition problem. Thanks!

Dave

68RS/SS Convertible L48 (350/295 Powerglide)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 04, 07:10 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Robert

Quote:
Originally posted by JCC1969:
Hmm, I still didn't look to see once I bolted the seats down. Too big of a hurry to bolt parts on the car. I aggree with the oil and temp. being placed up front. I stuck the volt and trans. temp in the back. I'll let you know if I can see them. Still better than idiot lights. Thanks for the feedback...JCC1969
Mine are positioned like yours and I have to lean over just a bit to see the volt meter in the left rear position. I'm not tall, 5' 10"

Robert

355ci 10:1, 64cc Edelbrocks, Comp Mag 280H, Performer RPM, 700r4 (2000 stall), 3.55 posi A/C PS PDB Hotchkis

369ci 10.3:1, 64cc Edelbrocks, Voodoo 276/284, Performer RPM, Holley 650DP ...T56 Magnum, 3.73 Moser 12 bolt
TC member #18
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 04, 11:38 AM
Senior Tech
Paul

Mine's a 68,I'm 5'10 and its not bad i have nothing in the right rear due to i'm not sure weather to put a clock or Air Fuel in it. i used the red covers for the light and they are hard to read at night. One of these days i'm gonna switch the light covers to the green ones.

"Lets Ride"

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 04, 02:44 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bruno

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by daverichard:
Orench,

The leather wrap on your steering wheel looks great! Where did you get that done? About how much did it cost? That could be the perfect answer to my steering wheel condition problem. Thanks!
It's a custom size ordered, Wheelskins leather cover. $34. Be prepared, look for some leather gloves, took me 1:15 to sewn it tho. [img]graemlins/clonk.gif[/img]

"Our affair with Camaros is a life sentence without the possibility of parole".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode