Front Parking Lights - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 03, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Does anyone know if the front valence mounted parking lights on a 69 RS received a chrome bezel aroung the light lens? I was looking through my "Rick's" catalog and it showed a chrome bezel that attaches to the rim of the lens and said that it was for the RS optioned camaros. If they are supposed to be on RS's, does anyone know how it is attached? Silicone? Glue?
Thanks,
Eric.

------------------
69 Camaro Z28/RS, Hugger Orange w/ White Stripes, Chambered Exhaust, Endura Bumper, Protect-o-plate, Original Window Sticker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 03, 06:14 PM
Kevin

It just kinda pinches onto the edge of the light. There are little raised section around the rim of the lens that the ring fits over. A little (a SMALL dap) glue or clear something would be some insurance. The ring was only put on early RSCamaros to around dec/jan, then phased out. Sure looks nice though.

Kevin

------------------
69' SS-350 Convert, M20, 3.55 posi. Totally Disassembled & in boxes (I'm working on it!)
69'(Hugger Orange -originally, Burgundy now) Z-21 Convert 327/PG, 3.55 posi too! Driver

[This message has been edited by KevinW (edited 01-06-2003).]
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 03, 06:27 PM

I don't have the catalog in front of me, but I'm fairly sure that only 67-68 had those.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 03, 07:04 PM
Retired
Jim

I got a pair from Ricks catalog, it shows 69 only but Ive not read anything else yet on the time of production they were used. Would be interesting to know.

------------------
.... Jim aka Click
69RS 350/255 LM1, Balanced, TRW forged pistons, .30 over, TH-350 auto.,
Dover White, Blue Vinyl top, F&R spoilers, close ratio ps, am/fm, 3.08 Posi.
A/C, fold down rear seat, Pwr Disk Brakes, Cowl Induction, Endura Bumper
My RS www.brainerd.net/~knudsen/69RS
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 03, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Kevin, Baby68 and Click,
Thanks for the replies! I thought about it, and I agree that they add a nice touch. Since I'm not sure if they were correct for my particular car, I am going to put them on and leave the ability to remove them if I find out that they weren't supposed to be there. This way...no harm...no foul. Your input was greatly appreciated and I'm working on setting up a website to share some pics of her. You know how it is...like being a proud father!!! Which, by the way, is expected in June!!! (Good thing I got the car first!!)
Eric.

------------------
69 Camaro Z28/RS, Hugger Orange w/ White Stripes, Chambered Exhaust, Endura Bumper, Protect-o-plate, Original Window Sticker
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 03, 04:24 AM
Senior Tech
Roy

EricL... I put a set of those bezels on both my Standard and RS 69s. They look great and add a very nice touch. I'm not concerned that they're not correct... since I like them.

I'm not sure about the ones from Rick's... but the ones from Classics need a little work to attach them. I used JB Weld. It was messy... but I'm very pleased with the results.

Good luck!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 03, 12:02 PM
Team Member
John

The September, 1968 Engineering Information package and the April, 1969 Dealer Ordering Information show that the bright-accented parking lights were part of the RS package - no other usage is shown. Don't know if or when this might have changed.

------------------
JohnZ
CRG
'69 Z28 Fathom Green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode