Need help with Painless problem - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 03, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I have just finished installing the Painless harness in my 68. My problem is that I can't get any power from the ignition switch pink wire to the 30 amp fuse for the coil. Is the big pink wire supposed to go to the terminal marked key+ or key-? I have tried them both with no luck. I have checked for power with the key just turned and while cranking the motor. It is a new ignition switch. Any ideas? Thanks, John

68 RS convertible with a 2002 LS1/4L60E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 03, 06:17 PM
Senior Tech
Bob

John,

I am a bit confused on what you are asking...The pink wire goes to the Coil +. Did you check the fuse? Get a test light and see if you are getting power to the + side of the coil, if not see if you are getting power at the fuse panel for the ignition. Did you install the 50 amp maxi fuse between the starter and the fuse panel?

Bob
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 03, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Bob, My setup is a little different. With the LS1 I am using that pink coil wire to power the PCM. But I am not even getting power to the fuse. Yes I did install the maxi-fuse. I must have something wired wrong to the ignition switch I would think. I turned the key and held a test light right on the terminal on the ignition switch and got nothing. Thanks, John

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 03, 03:51 PM
Senior Tech

Is this the only problem you're having or where you are currently focusing your efforts? Do the other circuits in the car seem to work Ok?

-dnult

Dave
========================
68 Coupe, 350 w/ Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, cam, intake, 700R4, Dave's small body HEI
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 03, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I called Painless and found out I had the pink wire in the wrong place on the igniton switch. The pink and orange wire should go to the ing. terminal. Why would they put seperate terminals on each wire when they they both go on one terminal? Anyways it works fine now. Thanks, John

68 RS convertible with a 2002 LS1/4L60E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode