HELP--Cant find parking lamp pigtail socket for 67 anywhere! - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 00, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Unhappy

The person i bought the car off of jacked with the parking lamps and rigged some ugly big rectangle lamps on since it didnt have a grille. Now i replaced all of that, have the lights ready to install but i cant find the pigtail that plugs into the parking lamps anywhere. I have checked all the mail order places, including the Chevy Dealer and no one sells it... Please tell me i dont have to buy the $150 light wiring harness thanks for the help

------------------
67 Camaro
383-SRP Pistons, Manley Rods, Cola Crank, Edelbrock Performer RPM package MSD Ignition TH350 Trans stock gears and convertor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 00, 05:12 PM
JWA
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Ryan,

Most of the mail order places get their harnesses from M&H Electrical Fabricators. You might try contacting them directly to see if they will sell you the pigtails as a separate piece. Another suggestion is find someone in your area (no don't steal theirs ) who has a 67 and so you can get a visual ID and then hit the wrecking yards. I would imagine the lamp socket is similar to other late 60's GM cars and you might score a cheap replacement. Good Luck and Good Hunting.

------------------
Jeff
69 SSRS 396(roller 427 )
My Chevs
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 00, 05:49 PM
David Pozzi

Also your local auto parts store should have a cole hersee co. catalog, look in the back of it. Master catalog # D272

They have a web page too, but it doesn't show hardly anything I see in the catalog. http://www.colehersee.com

David

------------------
The older I get, the faster I was!

[This message has been edited by davidpozzi (edited 06-22-2000).]

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 00, 06:13 PM
Senior Tech
Carl

If you get your hands on a wiring diagram and are faily adept at tracing wires then rebuilding the harness is pretty easy. You can poach the necessary connectors from a junkyard Nova or similar GM car that has the same lamp plug. Remove the harness from the car, unwrap, find the offending wiring, replace it with the new-used pieces, and re-wrap. While you are at the junkyard tear into a few harnesses so you get the idea of how the wiring snaps into and out of the sockets and firewall plug. Once you see how it works you will never pay for another wiring harness.

If there is enough interest in this type of project I will take some picture and post on my website. Anybody interested?

------------------
Click here to see see my car and hear 5-speeds. http://www.geocities.com/casanoc
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 00, 05:06 PM

NAPA carries or can order you one. Good luck!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 00, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I'll check napa, i checked M&H and they said they didnt have it, but to check with some other place, they didnt have it. I have checked the junkyards before with no luck..I'll check out napa, and then check out that cole hersee catalog..thanks for the help
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 00, 12:47 PM

NAPA's part # for Brake/Turn socket is LS6114. Cost is approx 6.00.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 00, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Smile

Thanks for the part number. I checked the other day and they said their books only go back to 69, so in the morning i'll call them back up and just have them look up the part number. Thanks again.

------------------
67 Camaro
383-SRP Pistons, Manley Rods, Cola Crank, Edelbrock Performer RPM package MSD Ignition TH350 Trans stock gears and convertor
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 00, 03:52 AM

If they can't or won't get it for you email me and I could get one out to you from my NAPA store. Good luck. [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode